This Delicious Spice Packs A Powerful Nutritional Punch (plus a recipe!)
By Justin Cowart
You probably know by now that turmeric offers many different health benefits to your body (because Fitlife LOVES turmeric!). Turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that can help a wide variety of conditions, including flatulence, jaundice, menstrual difficulties, bloody urine, hemorrhage, toothache, joint pain, headaches, etc.
If you love cauliflower, then this wonderful spiced cauliflower recipe enhanced with turmeric may be just up your alley – and doesn’t even take too long to prepare! A good number of us are looking to create a healthier way of eating and if you are like me and are not the biggest fan of rice, then this dish is especially for you.
Cauliflower is a highly versatile vegetable and can be utilized for all kinds of dishes. I for one like to substitute cauliflower for rice in many of my own dishes.
Cauliflower is an incredible source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. It is also a great source of choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus and biotin. Additionally, it also contains good amounts of vitamin B2, protein, vitamin B1, niacin and magnesium.
So, what did you think? Is THIS your new favorite dish?
- 2 tsp coconut or avocado oil
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp slivered fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chile powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add mustard seeds and cover skillet. Cook until seeds stop popping, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion to the skillet; cook and stir over low heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Mix garlic, ginger, turmeric, chile powder and salt into onion mixture; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add cauliflower; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl and cover bowl.
- Cook your cauliflower over the stove, which should take about 5 minutes, or until tender and then drizzle your lemon juice over the cauliflower. Enjoy!
Justin Cowart is a writer and researcher that loves to learn more about health, life, consciousness and making the world a better place. He loves music, traveling, meditation, video games and spending time with family and friends. He believes in baby steps and lifestyle changes in order to live a full life. In 2014, he lost around 40lbs from baby steps and emotional detoxing.
Latest posts by Justin Cowart (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS