Things To Do When You’re Trying To Lose Weight
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Losing weight can be very challenging, especially when you are just starting out. Losing weight is not just about going on a diet, it’s more of a lifestyle change that needs to be taken seriously and maintained even after you lose the weight that you want.
If you are just starting out, or are having trouble to lose weight, here are a few tips that you can try to ensure that you’re getting off on the right foot!
#1. Eat Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating breakfast each day helps to boost your metabolism and get your body going for the day. It also helps to increase your energy levels. Eating a breakfast that is low in carbs, but high in fiber can help you feel full, but less tired during the day. Eating breakfast will also help to ward off those afternoon munchies that usually hit around 3pm.
When you are picking out your breakfast, here are a few guidelines you need to remember:
- Stay Away From Sweets. Don’t go for a simple bowl of that sugary cereal; that will only raise your blood sugar levels and make you crash later on, leaving you feeling miserable.
- Eat A Variety Of Foods. Try to incorporate three different types of foods such as a banana, toast and nut butter. Not only does this give you a variety of foods, along with a healthy fruit, but you will enjoy the different varieties each day.
- Slow Down When You Eat. It is not a good thing to finish your meal fast. When you eat, take your time and savor your meal. It should take you between 20 to 30 minutes to finish a meal. Enjoy what you are eating and pay attention to the smell and the taste. Not only will your stomach be satisfied by receiving food a little at a time, but your senses will be happy as well.
- Add Protein. Getting enough protein has been shown to help suppress appetite and support weight loss. It can also help slow down digestion in the morning so that you feel satisfied, your blood sugar doesn’t spike and you feel better throughout the rest of the day. Try Organifi Complete Protein for a delicious, easy-to-make breakfast shake!
#2. Stay Moving
- Burn Fat. Many people believe that burning fat when you exercise depends on how hard you move. It actually depends on how steady you move, rather than how hard. For example, if someone wants to weigh about 10 percent less, then they will need to exercise 200 minutes a week. This can be pretty much any type of workout that you want to do, as long as you are consistent and move those full 200 minutes each week.
- Watch Your Clock. Because you need to be consistent with how much you move each week, you need to watch your clock to ensure that you are getting your full workout. It does not matter how much sweat you shed, as long as you keep moving. It is best to aim for 30 minutes to an hour of exercise each day.
#3. Stay Motivated
- Set Small Goals. Motivation is a tough thing, especially when you are first starting out. Set a small and realistic goal for yourself each week. Not just an exercise goal, but also a behavior goal such as “I will eat more vegetables this week” or “I will skip the dessert at lunch every day this week.” In time, those small goals will add up and make a big difference.
What are your tips for helping with weight loss? Share with us in the comments below!
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
Source: Natural Healing and Nutrition. (1990). Emmaus, PA: Rodale Press.
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS