These Homemade Truffles With Antioxidants & Protein Are The Ultimate Healthy Indulgence
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“Success means having the courage, the determination and the will to become the person you believe you are meant to be.” – George Sheehan.
Well then… I believe I am meant to be able to eat whatever the heck I want to and never gain weight or have it negatively influence my health (**the ultimate dream**).
If there is a will there is a way – right?
Luckily with enough determination you can transform your favorite indulgences into a health-infused delight – such as these homemade truffles that are chock full of antioxidants and protein!
Benefits Of Chia-Choco-Avo Truffles
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Made from the cacao tree and is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- Loaded with minerals
- Improves blood flow and can lower blood pressure
- Raises HDL and protects LDL against oxidation
- Rich in fiber
- Great source of omega-3 fats and protein
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Contains essential fatty acids:
- Alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid
- Excellent source of antioxidants
|Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Balances the pH level of your body
- Helps in metabolism functioning
- Removes toxins
- Improves circulation
- Helps the intestines absorb nutrients
Now go on… sit back, relax and sink your teeth into one of these decadent truffles for a health friendly indulgence!
How To Make Chia-Choco-Avo Truffles
- In a food processor or blender, add the avocado and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Pulse a few seconds to combine.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and then add to the blender.
- Watch THIS VIDEO to learn how to use a double boiler.
- Place the avocado/chocolate mixture in the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Once a bit firm, scoop a small amount of the mixture out and roll it into a ball. If desired, form the ball around 1 raw almond.
- In a small bowl, pour a bit of raw cacao powder with a sprinkle of sea salt and roll each truffle until coated.
Storage: Keep these decadent truffles in the refrigerator until ready to be eaten (but make sure you eat them the same day for optimal freshness!).
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS