These Avocado & Cucumber Seaweed Rolls Are The Perfect Keto Approved Snack
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I don’t know what it is about a beautiful roll of sushi that just makes me feel OH, so royal.
Is it the design? The colors? The fresh ingredients?
Regardless of WHAT it is… you can “feel fancy” in the comforts of your own kitchen by making this Avocado & Cucumber Seaweed Roll.
It’s full of healthy fats that will satisfy and fuel your body, which also makes it the PERFECT keto approved snack!
What Is A Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet is:
- Low carb and high fat diet
- Trains your body to get its energy from KETONES and not glucose
The reason its focus is on low carbs and high fat is because when you eat carbs, your body naturally converts them into glucose and insulin:
- Glucose is the easiest molecule for your body to convert into energy (it’s IMMEDIATE fuel)
- Insulin’s job is to carry the glucose through your bloodstream.
When your body doesn’t have carbs to burn – it uses FAT as fuel instead!
This cycle is known as ketosis, because the fats you eat get converted into ketones through your liver to become your body’s main source of energy.
Help your body achieve a state of ketosis by fueling it with keto approved snacks, such as this seaweed roll!
Serve with tamari for a salty dipping sauce.
Avocado & Cucumber Seaweed Rolls
- 4 sheets nori seaweed
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced with a mandolin slicer
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into thin slices
- ½ cup thinly sliced tofu, cut into strips
- ½ cup long stem sprouts
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Tamari sauce, for serving
- Prepare: have all ingredients ready and sectioned into 4 equal servings. Place a small bowl of water nearby.
- On a clean and dry cutting board, place a sheet of nori shiny side down with the longest edge facing you.
- Start at the left edge and arrange the cucumber slices in overlapping rows on top of the nori.
- Leave a 1 inch space of nori free at the right edge.
- Sprinkle the cucumber with toasted sesame seeds and then add the avocado, tofu and sprouts in a vertical pattern (leave 2 inches on the left edge).
- Rotate the cutting board ¼ turn counter clockwise so that uncovered strip of nori is furthest from you.
- Use both hands to roll the sheet of nori (fold it up and over the fillings).
- Once you reached the uncovered strip of nori dip your finger into the bowl of water and dab it on the nori to lightly wet it.
- Stick the wet nori strip to the roll to seal.
- Continue the process above with the other 3 rolls.
Want to learn more about the KETO diet? Here are some great resources to get ya going:
Have KETO diet tips? SHARE your experiences and thoughts below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS