These 5-Ingredient Pecan Pie Fudge Bites Will Be Your #1 Holiday TREAT (Gluten And Dairy Free, Paleo)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Salty and sweet is the perfect combination for a holiday treat.
It’s almost that time of the year when tables upon tables of holiday food start non-stop staring at you… willing you to “eat me NOW!”
There is no doubt that the holiday season is a time of indulgence and extravagance.
However, with a little holiday magic created in your own kitchen, you can make a TREAT that has the holiday flavors you crave… AND is full of body-friendly ingredients.
Benefits Of Pecan Pie Fudge Bites
- Great source of energy, nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins
- Contains monounsaturated fatty acids (like oleic acid)
- Excellent source of phenolic antioxidants
|Pure Maple Syrup
- Supplies some trace minerals and antioxidants
- A more natural, unrefined product than cane and other sugars
- Provides inflammation-reducing polyphenol antioxidants
- Increases your energy:
- Coconut oil is made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Boosts your immune system:
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid
- Potent antimicrobial properties
How To Make Pecan Pie Fudge Bites
- ⅓ pecan butter
- Make your own by blending ¾ cup pecans in a food processor
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅜ tsp sea salt
- 12 pecan halves (for decorating/topping)
1. Add all the ingredients (except the vanilla) to a small pot and stir constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes until it is slightly thickened.
- Stir in the vanilla until evenly mixed.
- Optional: Stir in 5 tablespoons chopped pecan pieces into the fudge mixture.
2. Pour into a silicone mini muffin pan and top with pecan halves.
- NOTE: You can also pour the fudge into a lined small container. Use waxed or parchment paper (the fudge will stick to regular paper liners).
3. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours until firm.
- If left at room temperature this fudge WILL get soft and gooey so keep in the freezer or refrigerator.
Holiday sweet treats – with HEALTH benefits too? Now THAT is a true gift.
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS