The Ultimate Cleaning Product (How To Use It)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“Feel the smells.”
This is one of many quirky phrases my Italian boyfriend uses when he smells a strong odor.
Perhaps the Italian to English translation isn’t quite right… but… I get it. It makes total sense to me because it describes the absolute sensitivity of my sense of smell.
I FEEL SMELLS.
If someone is smoking a cigarette 5 cars ahead of me, I SMELL it.
Mold in a room? I smell it before I walk in.
Therefore, when it comes to store bought chemical cleaning products, I just can’t deal – they drive my nose nuts!
As with most “problems,” there is a NATURAL and safe solution that serves as a healthy alternative for chemical-laden products.
For cleaning, look no further than vinegar! It is naturally antibacterial and makes a great cleaning agent.
It’s simple. It’s cheap. It’s safe. And it’s uber versatile – check out how to use vinegar as a natural cleaning product below:
How To Use Vinegar As A Natural Cleaning Product
Buy: Organic distilled white vinegar
Note: The vinegar smell fades when it dries. If desired, a few drops of essential oil can be added to help cut the smell.
|All Purpose Cleaner
- 1 part white distilled vinegar
- 4 parts water
- 15 drops essential oil
- 1 teaspoon organic dish soap
- Use For:
- Sprinkle some baking soda into the toilet bowl and then add 1 cup of vinegar
- Use the bubbly mixture that is created and scrub the toilet
- Will leave the bowl shining!
- For oil buildup and stains on surfaces:
- Mix 1 part vinegar with 3 part water
- Use a sponge to scrub the area
- The vinegar helps dissolve grease, leaving the surface clean and shiny
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda followed by 1 cup of white vinegar down the drain
- Allow the products to bubble and foam
- Flush the pipes with a pot of boiling water
|Fruit And Vegetable Wash
- Add 2 tablespoons vinegar to 1 pint of water
- To use:
- Wash all produce with the solution and then rinse thoroughly
- The solution kills more pesticide residue than pure water
- 1 part borax
- 4 parts white vinegar
- To use:
- Pour into a spray bottle and spray on affected area
- Allow to sit for 1 hour
- Wipe up mold with a cloth
- For a spot free shine:
- Mix 1 part vinegar to 3 parts oil (add 3 drops lemongrass essential oil if desired)
- Pour into spray bottle and use with recycled newspaper to wipe windows and mirrors
- Add ⅔ cup of white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm water
- Mop your floors as you normally would or use a spray bottle and a cloth to quickly clean dirty areas
- For clothes: pour undiluted vinegar on the stain and then wash as normal
- For carpet: pour vinegar onto the area immediately and wait a few minutes. Wipe it up with a damp cloth
That is what I’m talking about! ONE natural product = many practical uses!
Do you have a natural cleaning product tip? If so, PLEASE write to us in the comment section below.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS