The Simple Morning Trick To Reclaim Your Health
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
So, you want better health.
You do a quick Google search to find some how-to advice and… BAM. About 650,000 articles are staring right back at ya.
Eat only organic foods. Go paleo! Stop eating gluten. Go vegan! Exercise 5 times a week… no, 3 times a week… no, exercise every day.
The advice is diverse, contradictory and confusing, which makes answering the simple question, “where do I start?” WAY more difficult than it needs to be.
You are a unique individual and you have different nutrition and exercise needs – there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to health. What works for Mr. Smith now prescribing his “Guaranteed Results” nutrition and training program may not be what is best for your unique physical makeup. Therefore, mastering your own health and fitness is a personal journey of discovering what works best for YOU.
Unfortunately, there is ONE simple health habit that easily answers the question of “where do I start?”
And that is drinking water with lemon every morning!
Adding fresh lemon to water not only quenches your thirst better than ANY other beverage, but it also nourishes your body with vitamins, minerals and other trace elements that are absolutely vital to your health.
When you wake up in the morning, your body is dehydrated – it has been without water for hours upon hours! Your body needs water to help rejuvenate cells and push out toxins. By drinking water with lemon, you are waking up your internal environment (kidneys, digestive tract) and encouraging your body to work as smoothly as possible.
Here are 11 reasons why it is absolutely necessary to start your morning with drinking lemon water if you want great health.
1. Water with lemon cleanses your blood, blood vessels and arteries.
2. Water with lemon creates an alkalizing effect in your body and helps your body maintain a higher pH – which makes you better able to fight disease.
3. Water with lemon helps with the proper functioning of the nervous system. Lemons are high in potassium (low levels of potassium in the blood have been linked with feelings of depression and anxiety).
4. Water with lemon is excellent for your joints and can help reduce pain in your muscles and joints.
5. Water with lemons has electrolytes – which will hydrate your entire body!
6. Lemons contain citric acid, which helps with digestion.
7. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
8. Water with lemon helps regulate bowel movements, thus improving your overall health.
9. Lemon is a strong antioxidant and helps strengthen the immune system – and will protect your body from free radicals.
10. Water with Lemon is essential for the natural work of your metabolism.
11. Drinking water with lemon every morning will improve your skin – compliments of the Vitamin C in lemons!
Water with lemon has many AMAZING health benefits and is a simple habit that will help start to achieve great health.
Use spring or purified water and squeeze at least half a lemon into it. Drink the concoction first thing in the morning when your stomach is empty.
You can also enjoy this beverage slightly warm – it makes an excellent all-natural energy boosting drink!
So bottoms up and cheers to a healthier YOU!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS