The Scary Truth About Ibuprofen (And What To Use Instead)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Aches and pains HAPPEN.
From headaches and toothaches, to back pain and sore muscles, it can become very tempting and extremely easy to resort to popping back a pill for some quick relief.
However, the danger with doing so is that most likely the pain will persist and never permanently go away. The cycle of pain and pills is one that can be very damaging to your health.
While that ibuprofen may temporarily make you feel slightly better, it isn’t capable of curing your pain… and over time becomes very toxic for your heart muscle.
Furthermore, extended use of ibuprofen over a period of time may even cause DEATH!
Luckily there is a safe and natural alternative that is an effective pain-reducing option (without the scary side effects)… and that solution is TURMERIC.
What Is Turmeric?
This powerful plant is native to southern Asia and is revered for its medicinal powers, which are profound for both hidden and noticeable pain.
Here is what you need to know about turmeric:
- An herbaceous herb, part of the ginger family.
- Called “holy powder” in India, because of its ability to help with infections, wounds and other health problems.
- Basic nutritional aspects of turmeric:
- 26% daily value of manganese.
- 16% daily value of iron.
- Excellent source of fiber, vitamin B6, potassium.
- Healthy amounts of vitamin C and magnesium.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- A strong anti-oxidant
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Protects from free radicals
- And much, much MORE!
Turmeric has been given to patients for thousand of years and is a major part of Asian medicine. With over 600 advantages, the powder form of the plant is loaded with powerful polyphenols.
How To Use Turmeric For Your Health
This spice is readily available at most grocery stores and natural food markets. The easiest way to incorporate turmeric into your daily diet is to purchase it in powder form (a brown/orange color that has a earthy/spicy taste).
Turmeric can be mixed and blended in a wide range of recipes, but an extremely effective way (that is both cheap and simple) is to mix up a morning turmeric “tea.”
This tea will do wonders for your body and here is how you can make it today:
This pain-relieving cocktail can be used 3 times a day to help you feel better, reduce your pain and experience positive results quickly!
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup of honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass jar.
- When you desire some “tea,” add a teaspoon of this mixture to a warm cup or water or your favorite herbal tea.
If tea isn’t really your thing, consider incorporating turmeric into:
- Your favorite fruit and vegetable smoothie
- Add a little to your favorite dish (stir fry, pasta)
The Power Of Turmeric
A study involving 109 patients diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the knee was published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. The main marker of this study was that it showed that turmeric plays a large role in remedying osteoarthritis.
Here is what was found:
- Over a 6 week period, some people received 800mg of ibuprofen and the others took 2,000 mg or turmeric.
- Pain levels were evaluated during different activities: climbing stairs, bicycling and walking.
- At the end of the 6 weeks, the people who took turmeric displayed BETTER results.
It’s time to ditch the ibuprofen and stock up on turmeric! Next time you find yourself with some aches or pains, mix yourself up some turmeric tea or add this delightful and helpful spice to your next meal.
How do YOU use turmeric? Please tell us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS