The Powerful Benefits Of Blueberries
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
The Powerful Benefits Of Blueberries
Anti aging, antioxidant rich and energy boosting TOO?
I give that TWO big and blue thumbs up!
There is nothing to feel “blue” about when it comes to blueberries.
These beautiful berries have not only earned their tasty place in culinary history, but also deserve to ALWAYS have a place in your pantry!
A Brief History Of Blueberries
As one of the few fruit species native to North America, blueberries have a long history that dates back to pre-colonial times.
They were gathered and used by Native Americans for centuries – even BEFORE colonists arrived from Europe and were:
- Eaten fresh
- Dried to be preserved for use in winter (in soups and stews)
- Mixed with meat or used as a rub
- Mixed with cornmeal to make pudding
- Juiced to make cough syrup
- Used to make tea (from the leaves)
- Used to dye clothes and baskets
Blueberries were domesticated in the early 20th century and cultivation has been so successful that the USA now grows over 90% of the world’s blueberry supply!
From preserving to freezing and drying to canning, blueberries are definitely a versatile and useful fruit that you can bless your body with year round.
Health Benefits Of Blueberries
- High levels of phytochemicals – naturally occurring nutrients that help protect cells from damage
- Excellent antioxidant power, which protects your body from inflammation and free radicals
- Contain anti aging nutrients that protect against cognitive decline and memory problems
- Help prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Loaded with fiber, which helps your feel fuller longer
- Low in calories, but high in nutrients and packed with manganese
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C, also contains vitamin K
- Helps your body recover faster from injuries and strain
- Boosts your energy levels
What impressive health benefits!
These reasons are exactly why we included blueberries as ONE of our 11 revitalizing ingredients that make up Organifi Red Juice Powder.
How To Eat MORE Blueberries
1. Add Them To Your Smoothie:
Blueberry Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Water, as needed to reach desired consistency
Instructions: Place all ingredients in blender, blend together and enjoy!
2. Eat Them Frozen: They make a simple and delicious snack or dessert! I love to keep a carton in my freezer and grab a small handful whenever I’m looking for something healthy and sweet.
3. Make A Simple Jam: Cook 4 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir the blueberries continuously for 20 minutes or more until it thickens.
4. Boost Your Breakfast:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 small chopped banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Instructions: Mix ingredients together in a jar. Place in refrigerator overnight. Top with chopped nuts to serve.
What is your favorite way to eat blueberries? SHARE your thoughts below!
Increase Fat Loss & STOP Aging Skin With A Delicious Mix Of 11 Revitalizing Ingredients: Finally All Together In One Delicious Red Glass! It’s never been done! We picked the best organic superfoods for a RAPID metabolism. Then we sourced all the antioxidants for stronger, firmer skin. (Everything’s Organic!) Finally, we squeezed them all into one delicious red superfood punch! Try Organifi Red Juice today!
If you’re looking to speak directly with a member of our team regarding your health concerns and how we can help, give us a call: 619-404-3133. We love hearing from you!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS