The Most Amazing Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
By Lindsay Sibson
Hold on a second… wait right here. DON’T MOVE!
I have to run inside really quick and ask my mom for a dollar – the ice cream truck is coming!
Oh, the good ol’ days of FREAKING out and frantically running inside at the first faint melodic sound of the ice cream truck. And let’s not forget the sheer terror when your mom didn’t have a buck – OH MY gosh the horror!
Back in those days, I was determined to get my creamsicle. Nothing could stop me.
That is until I “grew up” and became well aware of how processed sugar is one of the ultimate health destroyers.
BUT, just like I was determined to find money for my childhood treat, I am equally as determined to find a healthy alternative.
Check out this delicious and nutritious Orange Creamsicle Smoothie.
This thick, creamy, refreshing, tangy and sweet smoothie is sure to give a dose of childhood nostalgia while also providing a healthy burst of antioxidants and more.
Benefits Of An Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 orange supplies more than 100% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C
- Contains an array of healthy nutrients: fiber, thiamine, folate, potassium, copper, vitamin B1 and calcium
- An orange has over 170 different phytochemicals and more than 60 flavonoids
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Strong antioxidant effects
- Great source of potassium, which is necessary for good nerve and muscle function
- Fat and cholesterol-free
- Contain a good amount of vitamin C
- Source of manganese: helps with bone health and metabolism
- Has fiber, which can help you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy digestion
- Provides deep hydration for your body
- Nourishes your cells
- High concentration of fiber, can help prevent indigestion and heartburn
- Contains potassium, magnesium and copper
- Source of antioxidants
- Has a calming effect on your central nervous system
- Helps with stress reduction and management
Note: If you do not have a high-speed blender, you may prefer using 1 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice INSTEAD of whole oranges, as they may not blend smoothly.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 fresh banana
- 3 whole chopped oranges, peel and seeds removed
- 1-2 cups coconut water
- Seeds from ¼ vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Place coconut and oranges in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add frozen and fresh bananas and vanilla. Blend again until very creamy and smooth.
- Note: If you use only fresh bananas the smoothie will not be as creamy - but still delicious!
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Who is going to be the lucky person you SHARE this sweet smoothie with? SEND this article to them now!
Anybody else love those funky pink baseball mitt ice creams with the rock hard gumball in the middle? Remember those?
What was your favorite childhood treat? Tell us in the comments below and let us know how this recipe adds up!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS