The KEY Factor You Need To Achieve Your Health Goals
Written by: Kavata Kithome
As a health coach, I can tell you that preparation is SO important. It not only helps you save time, but it is also crucial to achieving your health goals. During my own transformation, preparation for me was always a daunting task; it is definitely not my favorite thing to do.
But when I know what, when and how much to eat and prepare to be able to do so, it gives me little room to waver and is one of the top aspects that has helped me achieve my goal of developing a healthy, balanced diet.
The key to getting and staying ahead with meal and juice prep is to have a few staple foods that you can batch cook and use in a few different ways. Allocating a few hours once or twice a week to prep your fresh food helps you effortlessly stay on track with your goals.
If you take the extra time to prep for the week, you will be REWARDED with:
1. Better Nutrition
Having meals on hand during the day means that you can stay more consistent with your health choices and gives you full control over your portions and ingredients.
2. A Regulated Metabolism
When hunger creeps in, you will have something nourishing to feed your body with regularly and keep your metabolism humming like the amazing machine that it is. Snacking can stop your body from falling into a catabolic state, resulting in loss of lean body tissue (including muscle) and a depression of your metabolic rate.
3. More Money In Your Wallet
Prepping helps you save money as well. With that $15 – 20 you used to spend on café food, you will be able to save around $75 – 80 a week to go see a movie, or even get a soothing massage. How awesome is that?
Top 5 Prepping Tips:
1. Invest in plenty of BPA-free Tupperware and Ziploc bags; these are your health allies.
2. Cook in large batches and freeze or refrigerate for meals during the week.
3. Plan ahead to reduce waste and offer variety.
4. Follow and stick to a shopping list.
5. Set aside some time to chop and cook – from experience I can tell you this will be your saving grace.
Here are 10 simple prepping ideas to help you get started:
1. Double up on your dinner and save the rest for another meal.
2. Roast a tray of your favorite veggies to have ready for salad additions.
3. Choose raw foods like almonds, sunflower seeds, fruit and veggies as snacks.
4. Boil a batch of eggs and eat throughout the week as a healthy snack or lunch topper.
5. Buy pre-washed salad mixes.
6. Prep a big batch of quinoa, buckwheat, or brown rice to eat throughout the week.
7. Create your smoothie freezer kits, complete with greens.
8. Juice everything you will need for the week at once and freeze in glass containers, leaving at least one inch of headspace for expansion. Put the juice in the fridge the night before to defrost.
9. Assemble freezer meal kits that can be tossed into the crockpot on busy days.
10. Batch cook some meat (turkey meatballs, shredded chicken, turkey chunks etc.) to freeze in cooked portions for quick soups, wraps, snacks and hashes.
Give these tips a try and see how much preparing for your health plan beforehand each week can help improve your awesome progress towards your health goals. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below!
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS