The Health Benefits Of Cold Pressed Juice
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Centrifugal. Cold pressed. Grating Disc.
HPP. Cut and press. Masticating.
Have you ever wanted to learn a foreign language?
Well, you are about to become fluent in speaking “juice!”
There are so many terms to describe the process that you can easily be left thinking – “Was that English?”
However, it IS important to know HOW your daily fresh juice is made, because the process of making the juice can greatly affect its health benefits.
The most beneficial juice to drink is made using a cold juice press.
Let’s take a closer look at what cold pressed juice is all about:
What Is Cold Pressed Juice?
Cold pressed juice refers to a fresh juice that is made by using a hydraulic press to extract the juice from vegetables and fruits.
Therefore, this juice is 100% made from fruits and vegetables – with NO added ingredients!
It is made without pasteurization and therefore, is best consumed right after making it or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Because no heat is applied during the extraction process, the low level of oxidation results in a juice that is flavourful, colorful and nutrient rich.
Cold Pressed Juice Benefits
|The Safest & Most Beneficial Juicing Process
- Commercial juicing methods often destroy precious enzymes and vitamins
- Pasteurized juice, where the juice is briefly brought to a high temperature and then cooled to keep harmful bacteria out of the packaged bottle, is also void of beneficial good bacteria
- Centrifugal/rotary juicers also present the same issue of killing good bacteria, enzymes and vitamins
- The blades that shred the fruits and veggies produce air, which speeds up oxidation, causing the produce to loss its nutritional value
- Cold-pressed juice processing:
- Extracts MORE juice than other types of juicers, especially leafy greens
- Saves you money, because it requires less produce to produce a glass of cold pressed green juice
|Enjoyable Fresh Taste
- Thanks to the gentle and safe cold press juice method, your glass of juice will TASTE supremely fresh
- Try it out yourself: Take a sip of pasteurized (or generic juicer made) juice and then a sip of organic cold pressed juice. The taste is undeniable!
|Easily Increases Your Intake Of Veggies & Fruits
- Drinking organic cold pressed juice is a natural and extremely efficient way of increasing your consumption of veggies and fruits
- Allows you to get your daily intake in ONE glass of raw cold pressed juice!
|Enhances Your Energy
- Drinking cold pressed juice floods your body with nutrients, which are rapidly absorbed by your body
- Gives you an instant energy boost within moments of drinking it
- Also helps optimize your body’s pH levels (if your body is too acidic, it negatively effects your overall health)
- Organic cold pressed juice helps restore your pH balance
|Supercharges Your Immune System
- The abundance of nutrients in cold pressed juice provide your body with a plethora of GOOD bacteria
- Helps suppress pathogenic “bad” bacteria
- Supercharges your body with concentrated phytochemicals
- Think of drinking a glass of cold pressed juice like taking the highest quality multivitamin!
|Juice In Peace
- You won’t wake up the neighborhood when using a cold juice press
- Only produces a gentle hum when juicing your produce
How To Drink Cold Pressed Juice Daily
Whether you are a do-it-yourselfer OR prefer to buy your fresh juice at a healthy cafe, incorporating a raw cold pressed juice into your daily diet will not only be refreshingly tasty, but also SUPER simple.
#1. Make It At Home:
#2. Pick It Up
If you are on-the-go or traveling, finding a local cold pressed juice is as easy as:
|Choose Your Cafe
- Turn to trusty Google and search: “cold pressed juice near me”
- Look at ratings and try out different places until you find YOUR perfect juice!
|Choose Your Juice
- Once again, choose a juice blend that is primarily veggies.
- You can usually custom blend a juice so don’t be shy to ASK the Juice Master. A simple yet tasty basic blend includes:
- Leafy greens (spinach, kale)
- Herbs (parsley, mint)
#3. Get It Delivered
Depending on where you live, you may have the option of having cold pressed juice delivery.
|Choose Your Company
- Some companies offer “subscriptions” OR you can place a one-time order. Here are a few companies to check out (U.S. based):
- TIP: Check out a site like Groupon.com for cold pressed juice delivery deals (I’ve found several offers on there in the past, depending on where I was living at the time).
There ya have it!
You can start enjoying cold pressed juice benefits TODAY – your body will surely thank YOU.
What is YOUR favorite cold pressed juice? SHARE with us below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS