The Green Drink Recipe – Kick Your Health Into Shape
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I don’t have any green vegetable jokes yet…
But if YOU do – lettuce know.
Okay, now we can move on to more “serious” stuff.
There are green veggie drinks…
And then there is “THE Green Drink.”
This daily greens drink ensures that you are feeding your body the nutrients it needs to help you have an energetic and happy day.
Health Benefits Of The Green Drink
With so many bright, beautiful and fresh ingredients, The Green Drink benefits are boundless:
| Leafy Greens
- Leafy greens like spinach are:
- Rich in folate, which helps your body produce mood-regulating neurotransmitters
- One study found that people who ate the most folate had a lower rate of depression
- Eating fresh fruits and vegetables can help calm your nerves
- Beneficial for your digestive tract
- Great source of antioxidants and phytonutrients
- Provides a fair amount of dietary fiber
- High water content assists with effectively passing your bowels
- High in dietary fiber that helps your overall digestive process
- Are energy givers!
- Full of antioxidants
- High in fiber, vitamins, folic acid and potassium
- Rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients
- Great source of phytonutrients
- Helps cleanse toxic metals from your body
- Packed with antioxidants
- Increases your energy and helps with weight loss
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
How To Make The Green Drink
This isn’t just any organic green drink… this is a SUPER green drink that will gift your body the best ingredients Mother Nature has to offer:
Pour yourself a tall glass of this green drink smoothie right away and then store the rest in a lidded jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days (but it is tastiest when it is fresh!).
How To Make The Green Drink
- 7 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- ½ cup kale, stems removed
- ½ cup minced cilantro
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 1 banana, frozen and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup filtered water
- Optional Add-ins:
- Chia seeds
- Organifi Green Juice powder (contains matcha, wheatgrass, spirulina, moringa, chlorella and MORE!)
- Organic liquid stevia to sweeten
- Start by adding the spinach, romaine, kale and water in a high speed blender and process on low until mixed.
- Add the celery, apple, pear, cilantro and parsley and process on a higher speed until well blended.
- Lastly, add the banana and lemon juice and blend until the drink is smooth!
Take your first sip?
Isn’t it the BEST green drink you’ve ever laid your lips on? YUM!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS