The Easiest Way To Eat Kale Daily
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Are you not a huge fan of the taste of kale?
FEAR NOT – I got ya covered!
You can still reap the incredible health benefits of this mighty leaf without having to tease your tastebuds.
This simple recipe makes it incredibly EASY to eat this veggie daily.
It’s all about the power of KALE FLAKES.
But let’s begin by learning more about why you should eat KALE in the first place!
What Is Kale?
Kale is often considered the KING of healthy leafy greens because it is one of the most nutrient dense plant foods on the planet.
It is a member of the cabbage family and is related to cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage and broccoli.
Kale comes in various different types, but the most common type of kale is called curly kale, which has green curly leaves and a hard stem. Other types of kale can have purple leaves that can be either curly or smooth.
Health Benefits Of Kale:
- One of the most nutrient dense foods
- Packed with vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, calcium, copper, potassium and magnesium
- Can help lower cholesterol
- High in beta-carotene
- An antioxidant that your body turns into vitamin A
- Packed with antioxidants
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
These kale flakes are the perfect addition to soups, salads and sandwiches! Enjoy!
How To Make Kale Flakes
- 1 bunch of kale (stems removed)
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tear kale leaves into pieces and place on baking tray in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the kale is crunchy and crispy.
- Allow kale to cool and then crumble it into small flakes using your hands.
- OR use a blender/food processor to break them up.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use within a week!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS