The Perfect Low-Carb Snack: Sea Salt & Turmeric Sweet Potato Chips
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Fear not, my friend.
You can eat your carbs and maintain great health too.
The key is choosing the RIGHT carb that will help keep you energized as well as provide you an abundance of nutrients.
Look no further than the incredibly versatile sweet potato!
You can mash ‘em, bake ‘em and turn ‘em into countless delicious snacks and treats – such as these crispy and spicy oven roasted sweet potato chips.
A chip that has numerous health benefits AND is flavorful? Excuse me while I run to the nearest kitchen and get cooking!
Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes
- Excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene)
- Good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid
- Contain potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1 and B2 and phosphorus
- Helpful for controlling blood sugar levels
- Contain twice as much fiber as other potatoes
- Lower carbohydrate content than regular potatoes
To dial up the flavor even more, serve these sweet potato chips with a healthy dipping sauce:
Crispy And Spicy Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder (or more if you like it spicier!)
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- Customize - add your favorite spices to create a unique flavor profile:
- Raw honey
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Cut sweet potato into ¼ inch slices.
- Mix oil and spices together in a medium size bowl.
- Toss in the sweet potato slices and stir until evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Put potatoes in oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn potato slices over.
- Roast another 10 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Greek yogurt mixed with sriracha
- Homemade salsa
- Whipped avocado with spices
These chips make a nutritious and satisfying snack for any occasion.
After you make your own one-of-a-kind flavor, don’t forget to SHARE it with us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS