The Best Gift For Your Health Conscious Friends
Written by: Kat Gal
Did you think that Christmas was the only time of the year for running around crazy trying to find gifts for everyone?
Think again. For me, it feels like I am always looking for a gift for someone…
Valentine’s Day is coming up, then soon after it will be Easter. There is always someone with a birthday, anniversary, bridal shower, baby shower, wedding, graduation party, good-bye party, house-warming party, or other special occasion…
Now that you are on this transformation journey, I bet that you have more and more friends and family members who are also healing warriors and health junkies, possibly even more so than you are!
It would likely be completely inappropriate to get them a big bag of M&M’s. You will probably want to get them something kind, meaningful and useful that they will love and appreciate.
But WHAT should you buy for your health conscience friends and family members?
Here is a BIG list of tips and ideas to help you out!
To start off, here are a few hints to help make this list even more effective for you:
- Hint #1: BOOKMARK this LIST for future reference as your go-to gift shopping guide!
- Hint #2: SEND this list to your significant other, friends and family so that they know what you want. PRINT it as a subtle hint to your significant other (I know that I will ‘accidently’ leave it on my husband’s desk).
- Hint #3: It is TOTALLY okay to buy gifts for YOURSELF (I always keeping a running wish list…).
And now, on to THE LIST.
#1. A fruit and vegetable basket.
A beautifully arranged fruit and vegetable basket can be more stunning than a bouquet of flowers. It is also edible, which is a plus! Some flower shops actually make fruit baskets, but it’s always more loving to use your own hands and creativity.
A fruit basket can include apples, oranges, mandarins, kiwis, mangos, bananas, pears and pineapple. Try to stay away from berries, grapes and other fruits with thin skin that mash easily.
A vegetable basket may include carrots, bell peppers, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, or anything else you desire. You may also add some greens or herbs for colors. Make your basket colorful and don’t forget to wash your vegetables.
You can always mix fruits and veggies too! Add some nuts, seeds, or dried fruits as an extra bonus.
#2. A gift basket full of superfoods and supplements.
Receiving a basket full of superfoods, herbs and healing supplements is guaranteed to make almost any healing warrior give you the tightest and most love-filled hug you have ever received.
Add any of the following to your healing basket:
- Superfoods. My recommendations include (but are not limited to) chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, spirulina, chlorella and maca.
- Healing herbs or herbal supplements. Turmeric, ginger and cinnamon are some of the most powerful choices.
- Probiotics. You may add probiotic supplements or probiotic foods and drinks, such as fermented vegetables, kefir or kombucha. I personally use the Biotic Balance Probiotics every day and highly recommend them – I can truly feel the benefits on my digestive system. Get them in the Organifi Store.
- Essential oils. Lavender, peppermint and tea tree oils are probably the top supplements everyone needs for inflammation relief.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil is amazing for cooking, for raw veggies, for skin care and so many other uses.
- Healing teas. A selection of herbal teas, green teas and black teas are soothing and warming to help survive the winter.
- Green Juice! I love Organifi and it’s loaded with superfoods, adaptogens and LOVE. You can find it in the Organifi Store!
#3. Books and documentaries
Healing warriors can never have a big enough library of books and videos.
Documentaries: Choose from a selection of documentaries on holistic health, healing, personal development and spirituality. Food Matters, Forks over Knives and Vegucated are some of my favorites when it comes to nutrition and healing. I Am and The Shift are some of the best on mindset, self-development and spirituality.
Cook books: Healing warriors and health junkies love to cook and discover new recipes. Check if they have a special diet. Don’t get a vegan a paleo book or vice-versa. Otherwise, the options are endless. You can spend hours at your local bookstore and leave with some good reading material for your own collection as well.
Books: Besides recipe books, there are so many books on holistic health, healing, personal development and spirituality. The Four Agreements is a must for everyone on mindset. You Can Heal Your Life is excellent on the mind-body-soul connection. In Defense of Food should stand on everyone’s bookshelf. But the list is endless. You can even choose an inspirational novel, such as Eat, Pray, Love, a memoir of one woman’s journey to finding herself.
#4. Kitchen tools and gadgets
“I have enough kitchen tools.” This is something that no healing warrior has ever said. Check their kitchen first or pay attention for hints when you speak with them.
Machines. Juicers, powerful blenders, food processors, hand-held blenders and dehydrators are just some of the cool machines everyone needs.
All kitchen tools. Spiralizers are a necessity for every raw foodist and veggie lover to make noodles out of zucchini, carrots and cucumbers. But there are so many options, from bakeware to good knives, from mandolines to measuring cups, from mixing bowls to pizza pans. They are all fun and needed.
Tableware. Don’t forget about the tableware. Fun mugs for tea and coffee, mason jars for green juices, wine glasses, bamboo wooden bowls, beautiful plates, new silverware, classy or funky tableclothes, vases for flowers and candles as decoration are all excellent ideas.
On-the-go stuff. Everyone leads a busy lifestyle. We all needs stuff to go. Mason jars with glass straws are great for smoothies, green juices or even lemon water on-the-go. Copper water bottles, coffee mugs and thermos for tea can all be appreciated.
#5. Things for the Body
Healing is not only about cooking and food, working on your mindset and getting inspired by reading and watching documentaries. Your healing warrior loved ones need to take care of their bodies through other methods as well.
Some good gift ideas for body love include:
- Foot rollers are especially great for those that are on their feet all day.
- Massage balls, massage sticks and foam rollers are great for self-myofascial release, reducing pain and aiding healing. They’re great for athletes too.
- Standing head massagers work with meridian points, feel great and leave you relaxed.
- Yoga mats and yoga pants are awesome for yogis and pilates lovers. Running shoes and running gear are a must for runners. Fitness gear is super for anyone who exercises.
- Meditation pillows are not only for those who meditate regularly, but anyone who wants some quiet and relaxation time.
- Pillows. Sleep is important, which makes good pillows essential for all of us.
#6. Gift Certificates
Gift certificates are the easiest and take the least amount of effort. If you are a busy person, I don’t blame you. Gift cards may get a bad rap for being impersonal, but by paying attention to your loved one’s needs and interests, you can make it personal. Add a small personal note with loving words.
Some gift card ideas for a healing warrior include:
- Gift certificate to a local health food store. Everyone needs and loves food! This is an automatic win.
- Gift certificate to an online or local vitamin shop. This way they can pick or choose the vitamins, minerals and other supplements they need.
- Gift certificate to a spa. Getting a massage or other treatment cannot be turned down. Depending on their needs, a certificate to an accupuncturist, chiropractor, reiki practitioner or a health coach will be welcomed too.
- Gift certificate to somewhere fitness related. It may be a yoga studio, a gym, a rock wall, a dance studio, or whatever else. Check what they are into. A gift certificate to a sports store is also a good idea for yoga, fitness, running, swimming, biking, hiking and other workout gear.
- Gift certificate to a bookstore. If you are unsure which books or documentaries to get, it may just be the best to let them decide.
#7: Sign them up for a Coaching Program or a Class:
This may need some research to know your loved one’s hidden dreams. But trust me, every health conscious soul has a list of coaching programs – cleanses, detoxes, meditation courses, yoga classes, spirituality retreats, etc – they are interested in.
FitLife.tv offers a supplements and coaching programs to anyone who is interested in investing in their health and happiness, or need some support. I literally cannot imagine any health conscious person who wouldn’t be happy about this as a present! You can get them at our store (click on “Packages”).
With so many ideas, you shouldn’t have trouble finding the right gifts for your friends and family this year.
What will you get for your healing warrior and health junkie friends and family members? What do YOU want from this list? Share below – and don’t forget to bookmark this article AND to give it to your friends and family so that they know what YOU want.
Kat Gál is the creator of Long Distance Relationship Help, a site which offers tips, tools, inspiration and resources to create a successful and happy relationships, no matter where in the world you may be. She knows from personal experience that love is possible despite the miles, you just have to navigate your way around it. She is passionate about the world and finds her creativity outlet as a writer and educator. You can follow her on her website and her Facebook page.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS