The Best Foods For Juicing (+New Recipe!)
The Best Foods For Juicing (+New Recipe!)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we will not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
Everything (and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G) you put in, on and around your body is either helping OR hurting your overall health and wellness.
Let’s be honest, pizza and ice cream DO taste delicious – but are made with ingredients that burden your body and zap your energy.
Give your body the rest, rejuvenation and nutrients it needs by sipping on a fresh glass of VEGGIE JUICE!
Why Juice Veggies?
Why only eat one serving of veggies at breakfast when you can EASILY get nearly a day’s worth in one glass?
That is EXACTLY why you must juice veggies! Each cup of green veggie juice offers:
- Easily digestible and highly bioavailable nutrients
- A simple means of getting your daily requirements of fruits and vegetables
- A healthy spectrum of vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals
- Help in filling in the “gaps” in your nutrition
Best Foods For Juicing
From a fantastic nutritional profile to a fabulous flavor profile, here are the Top 7 best foods to juice:
- Has a positive effect on your digestive, neural and vascular health
- Adds a sharp tasting, zingy flavor
- Pairs well with apple and celery
- Excellent source of folate and vitamin C
- Contains betalain, a strong antioxidant that is specific to beets
- Promotes cellular function
- A natural energy booster
- It’s slightly sweet flavor makes it a great juice base
- Full of the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene
- Supports healthy vision and cardiovascular health
- Orange, limes, lemons and grapefruits
- Add a powerful shot of vitamin C, pectin and flavonoids
- Encourage healthy digestions
- Energize your immune system
- Full of antioxidants, which are vital for overall well-being
- Loaded with polyphenols
- Packed with pectin (a prebiotic)
- Supports healthy digestion
- Encourages healthy cholesterol levels
- Contains over 90 minerals: magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium
- High alkaline content – helps reduce acidity
- High levels of vitamin A, C and K
- Offers a variety of B vitamins
- Loaded with strong antioxidants, such as lycopene
- Supports cardiovascular and neurologic health
Best Veggie Juice Recipe
It is a bit of an art form to combine the right veggies in the right amounts to create the BEST veggie juice.
Doesn’t it sometimes feel like you are walking a fine line between DELICIOUS and “Tastes like a lawn” when creating healthy veggie juices?
Fear not, Fitlifer! Here is a tried and true recipe using the best juicing veggies:
For more veggie juice recipes, check out Fitlife’s recipe section and Youtube!
Best Veggie Juice
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup greens (cabbage, chard, beet greens, spring mix etc.)
- 1 cup herbs (wheatgrass, mint, parsley, basil, cilantro)
- 2 carrots
- 1 beet
- 1 lemon, rind removed
- 1 cup mixed fruit (green apple, pear, pineapple)
- 1 inch piece ginger root
- Process all ingredients through a juicer and enjoy!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
If you’re looking to speak directly with a member of our team regarding your health concerns and how we can help, give us a call: 619-404-3133. We love hearing from you!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS