How to Transform Your Life With 3 Ingredients For Less Than $20
By Lindsay Sibson
Coconut Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda…Oh My!
“You have champagne taste on a beer budget.”
I had not one, but TWO different used car salesmen tell me that… THIS week! I recently returned from traveling abroad for over a year and have been doing my best to settle back into life. From getting new cell service and buying a car to reinstating my at-home health routine, it’s been a bit overwhelming for my bank account.
Can you relate? Money going out and out and out… with minimal money coming IN?
I like nice things AND I want to be as healthy as I can be (by purchasing organic and natural products). BUT one trip to the store to purchase what I “need” (shampoo, conditioner, face moisturizer, toothpaste, lotion, etc..) and all I saw was $$$$$. Yes, there are cheaper unnatural options, but I am not willing to compromise and have to slather chemicals all over my body and face.
So, how do I get the best of both worlds – natural/organic products that are budget friendly?
Cue in the creativity!
Here are 3 products I purchased for less than $20 – but can make up the majority of your health and beauty routine (Men – this applies to you as well)!
1. Coconut Oil
WHAT To Buy: Not all coconut oils are created equal. Make sure to check the label and follow these guidelines: unrefined, cold pressed, organic, extra virgin (or virgin), fair trade. I was able to find Kelapo at my local grocery store for around $9. But my preferred brand is Niulife, which I’ve ordered in the past and is what I have found to be the highest quality!
WHY To Buy It:
- Contains fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties
- Increases your energy expenditure (when consumed)
- The fatty acids boost brain function
- Improves blood cholesterol levels
- The lauric acid kills viruses, fungi and bacteria
- Helps with weight loss (reduces appetite)
HOW To Use It:
- Moisturizer – Safe to use on your face and body.
- Conditioner – Use for hair conditioning treatment.
- Energy Boost – Add 2 tbsp to your morning coffee.
- Makeup Remover – Effective and chemical-free!
- Kitchen Use – Use in the kitchen for cooking and baking.
- Oil Pulling – Boosts your dental health – learn about oil pulling HERE.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
WHAT To Buy: The ACV needs to be raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized and unheated in order to reap all the health benefits it provides. The most well known brand that is available in most local grocery stores is Bragg’s.
WHY To Buy It: ACV is pretty much beneficial for everything – you hair, skin and even your home! Using ACV instantly eliminates a lot of unnatural chemicals in your daily life.
HOW To Use It:
- Morning Detoxing And Energizing Drink – Mix 2 tbsp ACV with a glass of water.
- Facial Toner – Dip a cotton ball in ACV (1 part ACV to 2 parts water) and dab on your face to. It can also help reduce the appearance of age spots and acne scars.
- Hair Rinse – Mix ½ tablespoon ACV with 1 cup of water and rinse your hair after washing. It will help remove build up and give your hair an amazing shine.
3. Baking Soda
WHAT To Buy: Pure baking soda. I recommend buying Bob’s Red Mill.
WHY To Buy It: It is super cheap (under $3) and can replace a multitude of beauty items! Simple, yet profound.
HOW To Use It:
- Gentle Exfoliant – I love to make a paste in the shower of baking soda and water. I rub it on my face and body to gently exfoliate my skin. It leaves it feeling super smooth!
- Tame Dermatological Conditions – The same paste mentioned above can also help soothe skin conditions such as rashes, sunburn, poison ivy and insect bites.Dab the paste onto your skin with a cotton ball.
- Hair Wash – I have a jar of baking soda in my shower and simply scoop it out and massage it into my hair (and then follow with the ACV rinse). I have fine hair and have found this method gives my hair a great texture, body and a clean feeling.
- Natural Deodorant – Mix a teaspoon with a bit of water to make a paste and rub it under your arms to deter body odor smells.
- Toothpaste – Dip your toothbrush in baking soda (and a bit of coconut oil) to create a natural toothpaste that will help remove plaque and improve your oral hygiene.
Already using these products? GREAT! Keep on using them and continue discovering new ways to reap their health benefits.
If these products are new to you, start TODAY by purchasing at least one and incorporating it into your health and beauty routine! Feel free to let us know how it goes in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS