Sweet & Tangy Maple Balsamic Glazed Cranberry Brussel Sprouts (Vegan)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I have a confession to make.
I didn’t eat a Brussels sprout until I was in my late 20’s. They say that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and this rings true in my misconception about Brussels sprouts being “gross.” My mom never liked them so she didn’t serve them to us as kids.
Therefore, I spent over a quarter of a century not knowing the truth about Brussels sprouts – that they can be absolutely DELICIOUS (all depending on how they are prepared, of course)!
This recipe brings out the BEST in these adorable and healthy baby cabbages. The sweet and tangy flavors in this recipe give the Brussels sprouts a much needed flavor boost that will continue to be delightful bite after bite.
Benefits Of Balsamic Glazed Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
- Rich in many valuable nutrients
- Excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K
- Packed with folate, manganese, potassium, vitamin B6, choline, copper, vitamin B1 and phosphorus
- Source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Full of dietary fiber
- Low in calories and fat
- Great source of fiber
- High antioxidant content
- Supplies some trace minerals and antioxidants
- A more natural, unrefined product than cane and other sugars
How To Make Balsamic Glazed Cranberry Brussel Sprouts
- 3 pounds Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 376 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim and clean the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
3. In a bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil and then arrange on a baking sheet(s).
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until brown
4. In a sauce pan, combine the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and cook until it becomes slightly more thickened.
5. To complete the dish, drizzle the balsamic reduction over the roasted Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with dried cranberries.
This tasty holiday side dish is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy and will certainly make your company “give thanks” for its tasty flavors and health benefits!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS