Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seed Snack Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Crunchy, sweet, spicy AND healthy.
What more could you ask for in a snack?
This pumpkin seed snack recipe offers a combination of flavors that will leave your tastebuds howling for more!
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds
- Contains heart healthy magnesium
- Vital for many physiological functions
- Full of antioxidants and fiber
- Beneficial for heart and liver health
- Rich source of zinc
- Important for proper immune function
- Rich source of tryptophan
- An amino acid your body converts into serotonin, which in turn is converted into melatonin, the “sleep hormone”
- Promotes a restful night of sleep
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 ½ tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut open pumpkins and remove the pulp.
- Pick out seeds and boil them for 2-3 minutes. Drain and lay out on a paper towel to dry (pat dry if necessary).
2. In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat, warm the oil and saute the pumpkin seed and spices until golden brown (about 3 minutes).
3. Add honey and stir.
4. Place the skillet in the oven and road for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes to prevent burning.
5. Taste a seed to check that it is crispy (not soft in the center).
- Continue to cook if necessary.
6. When finished roasting, lay seeds on a parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle with salt to taste and allow to cool.
Now your Halloween snack is ready to enjoy!
But before you go, don’t throw away the pumpkin – use it for one of these delicious recipes:
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS