Sweet And Healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Nuggets
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
HANGRY: when you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry –
blend of hungry and angry.
I don’t get “hangry” often, but when I do, it usually involves me wanting to shove my face full of sweets!
Especially chocolate. Oh me, oh my.
Can you relate? Like, come ON – it’s choooooocolate!
Well the thing is… I do my best to NOT eat refined sugar, especially sneaky hidden sugars found in many “healthy” snack bars and products.
Eating excess refined sugar leads to a plethora of health issues such as:
- Overloads and damages the liver
- Causes metabolic dysfunction
- Tricks your body into gaining weight
- Diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and dementia
- Feeds cancer cells
What can YOU do to satisfy your sweet tooth?
Find a healthier solution, of course! These Dark Chocolate Coconut Nuggets will hit your sweet spot while also delivering a dose of healthy benefits!
Benefits of Dark Chocolate Coconut Nuggets
|Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Provides a significant amount of fiber
- Contains manganese and copper
- Gives you an immediate source of energy
- Phenolic compounds acts as antioxidants
- Rich in lauric acid – antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal properties
- The medium chain triglycerides help you burn fat and lose weight
- Very satisfying and helps reduce hunger
- Boosts your immune system
- Decreases allergies to pollen
- Aids in blood sugar regulation
- Has antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal properties – can help your body heal!
|Dark Chocolate (80%)
- High in antioxidants, helps fight free radicals
- Improves your blood flow
- Can help make you more calm and relaxed
- Improves your mood
Get fancy and create your one-of-a-kind nuggets by adding:
Dark Chocolate Coconut Nuggets
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil (unrefined)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over low heat until liquid.
- Put shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey and salt in a blender and blend on high until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Spread the mixture in a 9x5 glass container or a platter (line with foil or leave space around the edges to make it easy to remove once frozen).
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- While coconut mixture is freezing, melt the dark chocolate.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the frozen coconuts and put back in the freezer until the chocolate is hardened.
- Remove and cut into nuggets.
- Should you have any leftovers, keep them in the refrigerator!
- Peppermint essential oil
- Dried and chopped berries
- Crushed nuts (almonds, peanuts)
Yessssss sweet tooth satisfied!
Spread the sweetness by SHARING this recipe with your chocolate-loving friends now!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS