Super Detox Bath With 2 Ingredients!
Written by: Brandi Monasco
There’s really nothing more relaxing than an amazing, warm bath. Warm baths help you to relax, unwind and meditate even when you have a super busy schedule. Not only are warm baths relaxing and help to unwind your mind from a busy day, but they are one of the easiest things that you can do to help your body’s natural detoxification system.
Every day, you come in contact with numerous amounts of toxins. Toxins can be found in the water you drink, the air you breathe, the food you eat and even the medications you take. They are poisonous to your body and can harm your overall health. When these toxins are not released, your health will start to suffer and you can often feel worn out and just plain tired.
That is why it is important to take a detox bath!
This amazing detox bath only includes two ingredients, which makes it an easy way to detox: Epsom Salt and Himalayan Salt
Epsom salt contains high levels of sulfate and magnesium. Sulfate helps to improve your body’s absorption of nutrients as well as to flush out toxins. Magnesium keeps your cardiovascular system healthy and helps to fight against inflammation within your body.
Himalayan salt contains roughly 84 minerals that help to detoxify your body and make your skin feel baby-soft. This salt can also help to promote relaxation by regulating your stress hormones and helps with increasing concentration and reducing tension.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider taking a salt detox bath:
- It reduces the acidity in your body while balancing your pH levels.
- It helps your body to draw out toxins through your skin.
- It accelerates the healing of bruising, small cuts, swelling and strained or torn muscles.
- It helps to relieve pain caused by muscle cramps and arthritic joint pains.
- It provide antiseptic qualities that can help with skin conditions such as dry skin, acne and rashes.
- It helps improve respiratory health.
- It reduces stress and relaxes muscles, which promotes better sleep at night.
For Epsom salt, it is recommended that the amount of Epsom salt is determined based on your weight:
- Children under 60 lbs: ½ cup of salt
- People between 60-100 lbs: 1 cup of salt
- 100-150 lbs: 1 ½ cup of salt
- 150-200 lbs: 2 cups of salt
- For every 50 lbs more: an additional ½ cup of salt
How to take a detox salt bath:
1. Fill up your bath with warm water.
2. Add the appropriate amount of Epsom salt to the water.
3. Add ½ cup of Himalayan salt to the amount of Epsom salt according to your body weight.
4. Relax in the water for about an hour to enjoy the bath and to be able to benefit from the salts.
What are you waiting for? Give this amazing bath a try tonight. You definitely deserve it, friend! Do you have anymore detoxing tips? Please share with us in the comments below!
Source, Source, Source, Source
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS