Stress-Buster Superfood Smoothie
By Cindy Santa Ana
Now that it’s getting colder, I don’t like my usual green smoothie in the morning; it’s just too cooling and not right for my body. But I still want those nourishing superfoods and a quick breakfast that will tide me over till lunch…
So, I came up with this warming blended drink that fills me up and nourishes my soul.
Some of these ingredients may be new to you, but I encourage you to try them.
- Maca powder is a root grown in the Peruvian Andes that is known to be a stress-fighting adaptogen that increases stamina, boosts libido and fights fatigue.
- Raw Cacao is unprocessed, raw chocolate that is rich in antioxidants, magnesium, polyphenols, fiber and iron – nutrients we all need.
- Chia Seeds are full of omega 3’s, fiber and protein and they boost energy and increase stamina.
- I also like to use warming fall spices that are full of anti-inflammatory nutrients, too.
The fun part is playing around with different nut milks, nut butters and spices. The sky’s the limit, so get creative and try a warm smoothie tomorrow for breakfast or maybe a fun afternoon treat – and then let us know how it goes! This recipe can be found in Unprocessed Living: 3 Steps to Transition into Healthy Eating.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk (carrageenan-free)
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I like cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey, or several drops of liquid Stevia
- Splash of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of ginger, nutmeg, turmeric, cardamom, sea salt
- Put all of the ingredients into a saucepan and warm over low heat. You don’t want it to come to a bubble, because high heat destroys the nutritional properties of the honey and cacao.
- Gently stir to combine everything.
- Then, pour into a blender and whip till frothy.
- Pour into a mug, sprinkle with cinnamon or extra chia seeds and enjoy on a cold day!
Cindy Santa Ana is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach specializing in weight loss, clean eating transformations and thyroid disease. She works with clients to help them reach their ideal weight, increase their energy, and live a healthy balanced lifestyle, while juggling their career and personal life.
Latest posts by Cindy Santa Ana (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS