Stop Using Laundry Detergent Forever (Here Is How)
By Kat Gal
Can you imagine not having to buy laundry detergent EVER again?
No, I am not talking about never washing your clothes again and walking around all stinky. Of course not, silly. There is, however, an awesome alternative to laundry detergent to keep your clothes clean and to save your dollars: they are called soap nuts.
But why would you ditch laundry detergent forever?
Traditional laundry detergents are full of chemicals, including formaldehyde, nonylphenol ethoxylate and bleach that are all dangerous to your health. Your skin is like a sponge and, even if your clothes are all dry after washing them, it can still develop skin irritations, allergies and more serious health issues.
There are many organic and natural brands of laundry detergents out there, but, let’s be honest, those are quite expensive. You can also make your own detergent, but that can take some experimentation, time and effort on your part.
You want to go safe, natural, cheap and easy, soap nuts are your new friend! Using soap nuts, your clothes will be cleaner than ever without you ever having to make your own detergent and will help you stay natural at an affordable price.
What are soap nuts?
Soap nuts come from a tree in India. Sounds weird, I know. I was skeptical at first. But trust me – they work. I have been using them for 2 years now and am extremely satisfied with them. I will never go back to regular detergent.
The benefits of soap nuts are:
- They are organic
- They are environmentally friendly
- They contain no harsh chemical
- They are hypoallergenic
- They are 100% biodegradable
- They are cruelty-free and vegan
- They are economical and affordable
- They are a natural fabric softener
- They work in all kinds of wash machines
- They are really economical/affordable
How to use soap nuts?
1. Put 3 – 6 soap nut shells into the wash bag you get with your soap nuts. Tie the bag securely.
2. Optional step: Place washbag into jar with warm water for 2-3 minutes. This helps to release the soap.
3. Load your laundry machine. Place the soaked wash bag on top of laundry and wash as directed.
4. After taking out laundry, save shells to re-use up to five more times.
Switch to soap nuts and let me know how it goes. Better yet, show me a picture in your clean, soap nut-washed shirt!
Kat Gál is a holistic health writer who helps health, wellness, and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a freelance writing mentor teaching wanna-be-freelancers how to make a living writing at freelancewriterschool.com. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org or katgalwriter.com. Visit freelancewriterschool.com for freelance writing tips. Follow me on Instagram @freelancewriterschool and on Facebook at facebook.com/katgalwriter.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS