STOP Hating Your Body
By Pamela Schwarz
Bodies come in so many remarkable shapes and sizes and yours is uniquely beautiful, because it’s an original. What an incredible creation your body is and how greatly it deserves to be celebrated.
Have you ever taken a moment to look at your body and see all the beauty it holds? Think about all that your body is capable of physically, mentally and spiritually… The power within you is endless.
Here are some examples of ways to begin loving your body and seeing the beauty you hold within.
Physically: Exercises To Get Strong And Begin Loving Your Body
- Push Ups are a great way to begin. Start with 5-10 push ups each morning and see how quickly you increase this number.
- Planks not only strengthen the body, they strengthen the mind as well. If you have never done a plank before, start with an elbow plank and hold it for 30 seconds EVERY day – you can do ANYTHING for 30 seconds. Increase your hold time in 10 second increments until you can hold for a full minute.
Mentally: Exercises To Strengthen The Mind
- Meditation is a great way for you to get STRONG. Give yourself 5 minutes each day to sit quietly, clear your mind and be present in the moment. As you begin to build this habit, it will become easier to add affirmations and meditate for longer periods of time.
- Try a Yoga class! Yoga is as mental as it is physical, because you will need to have a clear mind to focus on listening to your body and learning the poses.
Spiritually: Exercises To Strengthen Your Spirituality
- Spirituality has to do with the spirit, not as in ghosts, but as in the essence of being human – your soul or your inner life. ~ Vocabulary.com
- Identify what spirituality means to you and incorporate it into your daily activities.
You are not alone in finding flaws with your body. The media and society have created “ideal” bodies that in many cases are not real. It’s easy today to airbrush a photo or edit a film to make someone look “perfect.” Remember that strong is sexy.
You can begin to find beauty in those perceived flaws by learning to love yourself and your body. Remember that EVERY BODY IS BEAUTIFUL!
Take a moment to share 3 things you love about your body in the comments below. Together we can motivate and inspire others to embrace a healthy self-image.
Pamela Schwarz is a New York State Licensed Massage Therapist and Reiki Practitioner in Upstate New York. Working with clients to achieve wellness that comes from within is the main focus of her work. She believes in the power of positive thoughts and following your dreams to create the life you were meant to live.
Latest posts by Pamela Schwarz (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS