STOP Eating Boring Hummus! How To Upgrade Your Favorite Snack With Pumpkin Seeds
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I think I found the key to happiness…
“Happiness is… always having the next snack prepared.”
Okay, okay, okay – perhaps it’s not as profound as you were expecting – BUT think about it for a minute.
Can you remember the last time you were STARVING hungry, but there wasn’t a snack in sight?
And then feeling filled with joy when you finally sunk your teeth into a satisfying snack – pure HAPPINESS!
So Fitlifer, the lesson here is ALWAYS have your next snack prepared – such as this flavorful and health-boosting Pumpkin Seed Hummus.
You can easily make it ahead of time so that it is ALWAYS ready for when you have a snack attack.
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seed Hummus
- Have a wide variety of nutrients, such as magnesium, copper, protein, zinc and manganese
- Source of phytosterols, a beneficial plant compound
- Rich in free-radical scavenging antioxidants
- Help boost the function of your immune system, liver and heart
- Excellent source of plant-based omega-3s
- Eases inflammation in your body
- Great source of iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphate, calcium, zinc and vitamin K
- Supports building and maintaining bone structure and strength
- High in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C
|Pure Olive Oil
- Contains oleocanthal, which helps reduce inflammation and prevent cancer
- Great source of polyphenols, powerful antioxidants
- Helps with calcium absorption and keeping your bones strong
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Helps prevent and reduce common illnesses
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
- Helps boost your immune system
- Rich in minerals, such as lecithin, iron, magnesium and phosphorus
- Helps detox your liver, thanks to the methionine content
- Excellent source of calcium
- Helps promote healthy cell growth
- High in B vitamins and vitamin E
- Full of antioxidants
- Antiinflammatory and antiviral properties
- Anti-cancer benefits
- Improves the absorption of other nutrients
In need of other pumpkin-perfect snack recipes?
How To Make Pumpkin Seed Hummus
- Open the can of chickpeas and drain the liquid. Place all of the ingredient in a high speed blender (or food processor) and pulse for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and scrape down the sides.
- Process again until all ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chopped veggies or homemade crackers.
- Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
Here are a few tasty treasures to try out today:
“Life is too short for bad snacks.”
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS