How to Detox Your Skin and Accelerate Lymph Flow With a Dry Skin Brush
By Kat Gal
Want to incorporate another detoxifying practice into your life? Why not add dry-brushing?
When I first heard about dry-brushing, my initial reaction was – that’s crazy. But then I read up on the benefits and decided to try it. I ended up loving it and incorporating it into my daily practice.
So why dry-brush?
Here are some of the benefits:
- Great For Circulation: Dry brushing increases blood flow and increases circulation, allowing better detoxification.
- Stimulates Your Lymphatic System: The lymphatic system delivers important molecules like vitamins to your lymphatic organs, which help to detoxify your body. Stimulating the lymphatic system also increases your immunity.
- Detoxifies Your Skin: The skin is the largest organ. Dry skin brushing removes dead skin cells, allowing toxins to leave the body through the skin.
- Improves Your Skin: Dry skin brushing removes dead skin cells and opens pores to allow them to breath and absorb nutrients. It makes your skin smoother, removes rough patches and even helps with cellulite.
- Great For Stress Relief: By increasing the blood flow and stimulating nerve endings, it reduces stress and rejuvenates the nervous system.
How To Dry-Brush?
- Your skin should be dry (maybe that’s obvious).
- Use circular motions always moving towards your heart.
- Start with you leg, move onto your arm, your back and then your belly.
- Always take a shower after to further remove dead skin cells that have been brought up in the process.
Tell me, do you dry brush? What have you found most beneficial with this practice. Comment below!
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS