How to Instantly Start Lowering Your Ovarian Cancer Risk With 5 Simple Eating Tips
Written by: Steve Fillmore
Don’t listen to the internet hype on so called “miracle diets” to fight ovarian cancer. Instead, focus on healthy weight watching and nutrient rich plant foods to keep your body balanced and alkaline.
More than 21,000 women in the U.S. may expect a diagnosis of ovarian cancer in 2015, making this cancer the 5th common cause of cancer death among women. Ovarian cancer often has no symptoms during the early stages, so the disease is often in advanced states when finally detected.
Protection and early detection is key with keeping ovarian cancer out of your life. Some of things that you should be doing already is avoiding tobacco and consulting with your healthcare provider about screening.
Here are a few food tips you can use right now to keep your body healthy and lessen your chances of ovarian cancer risk.
1. Bulk Up – Choose foods with fewer calories that have more fiber and nutrients. These foods include all green leafy veggies such as kale and broccoli. A side benefit to all that fiber is reducing the chances of getting colon cancer, plus they keep your system moving allowing any toxins to be released.
2. Avoid Sugary Drinks – Sugar increases inflammation and cancer LOVES sugar. Drink more water, adding fruits, veggies and fresh herbs to sass it up.
3. Limit Red Meat – Limit your intake of red meats such as beef, pork and lamb to about 18 ounces a week. Avoid all processed meat such as bacon and sausage. And make sure you’re buying quality cuts to avoid nasty hormones, etc.
4. Boost Your Veggie-Intake – Plant foods should always be a part of your cancer fighting diet. Cruciferous veggies such as cabbage, broccoli and kale contain a beneficial compound called glucosinolates that’s shown anti-cancer effects.
5. Tea Time – Enjoy some green tea. This plant based beverage contains polyphenol compounds such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG has been shown to inhibit ovarian and some other cancers.
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS