Spring Clean Your Body With This Detox Smoothie
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
It’s that time of year again where you are about to Karate Kid the crap out of your life!
The blustery winter temps are slowly lifting… the fresh and lovely smell of spring flowers are lingering in the air… and the hopeful rays of sunshine are starting to gently kiss your skin.
Spring is the time for renewal, which means refreshing your mind, body and soul.
Get your spring cleaning off to an energetic start by whirling up this delicious detox smoothie – it will surely give you the energy you need to seize these beautiful spring days!
Benefits Of Spring Cleaning Detox Smoothie
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Indulge your sweet tooth for minimal calories – a medium sized banana has about 110 calories!
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- High levels of phytochemicals – naturally occurring nutrients that help protect cells from damage
- Excellent antioxidant power, which protects your body from inflammation and free radicals
- Loaded with fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Low in calories, but high in nutrients
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C
- Fight inflammation by “cooling” the inflammatory response in your body
- Contain numerous antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene
- Very low in calories, yet make a filling snack due to their fiber content
- Support your digestive health, because of their water and fiber content
- Low in fat and cholesterol
- High in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese
- Helps lower your risk of numerous health problems related to oxidative stress
- Contain a wide variety of phytonutrients with anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties
- Rich in fiber
- Great source of omega-3 fats and protein
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Contains essential fatty acids:
- Alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- A strong anti-oxidant
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Protects from free radicals
How To Make Spring Cleaning Detox Smoothie
Spring is a time of year for rejuvenation and cleaning! Now that your body is detoxing and you are feeling great… you will have the energy to spring clean your environment (including your mind). Check out these helpful Fitlife.tv articles to get started today:
How To Make Spring Cleaning Detox Smoothie
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite glass (I prefer a fancy wine glass!) and enjoy.
What do YOU do to “Spring Clean” your life? SHARE with us in the comment section below!
Are you looking for a solution to achy joints and inflammation? Turmeric Boost is certified organic and 10x stronger than other turmeric brands! This ancient detoxifying spice has soaring levels of antioxidants and is a potent anti-inflammatory. Try it today risk free!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS