Spotlight On Cancer: Your Body’s Attempt to Actually Heal
Written by: Greg Ashby
What If Cancer Was The Body’s Final Attempt To Heal?
At the core of all of us is our essence, our individual uniqueness that makes us who we are. What if you lost touch or detached from your essence? Could cancer develop as a result of this loss? When Your body’s defense mechanism becomes overwhelmed with toxins, even emotional toxins, your detoxification pathways become ineffective and then start breaking down.
Could your environment becomes so toxic that cancer actually becomes the body’s attempt to restore balance?
With a weakened immune system, is the body/spirit strong enough to restore balance, or will it break down and never recover?
In the case of Breast Cancer, breasts represent nurturing. So, could cancer in this area be the result of not feeling nurtured? Or could it be that you do not feel you have the ability to accept being nurtured?
Now, when combining this with a toxic environment – such as phthalates, BPA, Organophosphates and even getting mammograms – you may be raising your risk another 10%.
From the book, Cancer Is Not A Disease – It’s A Survival Mechanism, Andreas Moritz explains why emotions can be the root cause of cancer:
“Cancer patients typically suffer from lack of self-respect or worthiness and often have what I call an unfinished business in their life. Cancer can be a way of revealing the source of such an unresolved, inner conflict. Furthermore, cancer can help them come to terms with such a conflict and even heal it altogether. The way to take out weeds is to pull them out along with their roots. We ought to treat cancer this way; otherwise, it may recur eventually. For the most part, diseases associated with lifestyle are managed and even healed, but not cured.”
Cancers Are Not Diseases – They Are Lifestyle Disorders
How can I make such a bold statement? As I read the above book and many others such as ‘Your Body Speaks Your Mind’ and ‘The Intuitive Advisor,’ I have learned the following….
What are some of the reasons that coerce your body into developing cancer cells in the first place?
1. In regards to Breast Cancer; do you feel nourished and cared for?
2. Has your femininity been rejected or abused?
3. In Prostate Cancer; do you feel a loss of personal power or worthiness?
4. With Thyroid Cancer; do you have a feeling of disempowerment or lack self-expression?
5. With Lung Cancer; do you feel suffocated or have unrelenting grief?
6. With Liver Cancer; is there a feeling of anger or frustration that has been smoldering in the background of your life for a long time?
7. With Skin Cancer; do you feel violated, out of touch with life or lack integrity?
What roles do fear, frustration, low self-worth, stress or repressed anger play in the origination and outcome of cancer? Any emotional stress or trauma can act as a pathway to inflammation and cancerous mutations. Dr. Eli Jones wrote that the #1 cause of cancer was STRESS. This was written in his 1908 book, called Cancer – Its Causes, Symptoms and Treatment.
Another example of how this conflict could start in childhood, resulting in dis-ease turning into disease. You begin to believe your parents don’t love you. You lack sweetness in your life. To make up for these missed feelings, you start stuffing your emotions with more foods, especially sweets, to make up for these missing feelings. The older you get, the more the emotional eating continues, resulting in the development of diabetes. You start to resent yourself for not being able to experience sweetness in your life. This self-hatred starts weakening your body to the point that dis-ease turns into the disease of pancreatic cancer.
A further path could be that you feel like you have no voice in life – You feel you’re always being told what to do. This feeling could result in a weakness of the thyroid area, your communication center. The extreme of this could lead to Hashimoto’s or even Cancer of the Thyroid. Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disorder where your immune system goes on hyperdrive, which results in your immune system attacking itself and its tissues.
If your body/spirit is not strong enough to restore itself and its balance, it will break down and never recover.
What If There Were Psycho/Spiritual Reasons Behind Illness?
The causes of dis-ease turning into disease:
- Physical Neglect: Neglecting proper diet, sleep and exercise.
- Physical Trauma: Injuries, accidents or operations.
- Physical Congestion: A lifetime of eating the wrong foods can lead to chronic congestion.
- Physical Toxins: Physical pollutant, fluoride, preservatives, hormones and EMF’s.
- Spiritual Neglect: Results in not finding or fulfilling your life purpose.
- Spiritual Trauma: Often arises during the prenatal to early childhood period.
- Spiritual Congestion: Can result from emotional and energy blockage.
- Spiritual Toxins: Occur in emotionally toxic environments.
- Emotional Distress: The feeling of not feeling loved.
- Feeling “Not In The Flow Of Life”: This will affect the Lymphatic system.
- Parasites: They can thrive in stagnant environments and with people who have poor immunity due to poor diets.
- Infections: Bacterial or Viral.
- Stress: It is estimated by the CDC that 80-90% of all illnesses have a stress component.
From the article “Surviving Cancer is Not Enough”:
“Everyone is now moving in the same direction, recognizing that patients are living longer. Historically, and probably appropriately, much of the effort in medical oncology has focused on treating the cancer, confirming that the cancer is responding, and determining whether the cancer is either remaining in remission or refractory to therapy. We now have patients who may be healed of cancer, or living with cancer as a chronic disease, or living with the delayed effects of cancer; in these cases, the focus on the status of the cancer and its response to therapy is no longer appropriate. We need to optimize the quality of their survival.”
How YOU Can Improve Your Lifestyle, So YOU Can THRIVE!
- Eat Well: Eat what makes you feel light and energized, not hyper or heavy. Focus on real, whole foods as close to the Earth as possible (real food doesn’t need a label).
- Fatty Acids: As in a car, your body needs a change of oil. Focus on getting enough essential fatty acids that are found in wild caught fish, grass-fed beef, seeds, nuts and avocados. You wouldn’t get very far if you didn’t fuel your car without the proper “nutrition (gas)! The same goes for your body.
- Hydrate: Your body is 70-80% water and throughout the day, you deplete your energy stores whether through sweating, urination, etc. Aim for 50% of your weight in ounces of water daily, more if you’re active.
- Exercise: Your machine needs to move. You don’t want to turn into the Tin Man. Inactivity leads to stiff joints, muscle loss, not to mention the effects within your body.
- Breathe: Practice proper belly breathing.
- Believe In Yourself: This is the most important point. Believe that you are worth it. Believe that you can heal your life. Believe that can make a different. Believe, believe and know that you are whole.
More blog posts on cancer can be found here, here and here.
If you need help maintaining a healthy lifestyle or if you are dealing with cancer, after cancer care or an autoimmune condition, contact me at the info below.
Cancer is a survival and defense mechanism. Read more here.
Autoimmune Rev. 2008 Jan;7(3):209-13. doi: 10.1016/j.autrev.2007.11.007.
Epub 2007 Nov 29.
Integrative Health Coach and Functional Nutrition Consultant
at Ask Dr. Garland
Greg Ashby, CHHC, AADP lives in Ogden, Utah and is an Integrative Health Coach and Functional Nutrition Consultant. Greg has been in the Health and Wellness industry for over 20 years.
Because of his personal experience with Adrenal and Thyroid disorders, as well as Cancer, he’s committed to the areas of Autoimmunity and Cancer prevention and management when it comes to research and his work. He enjoys studying the Psychology of Eating and Behavioral Disorders.
Latest posts by Greg Ashby (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS