Spinach Frozen Yogurt Recipe (Guaranteed Healthy And Tasty)
By Lindsay Sibson
Pouring soda in beer.
Mayonnaise on french fries.
Ice cream in a hot dog roll.
I’ve seen some interesting food combinations along my backpacking journey throughout Europe. Biting into the local cuisine is definitely an important part of getting acquainted with a new city’s culture and energy.
As a result, I am open minded when it comes to flavor combinations and not TOO much shocks me anymore.
That is, until I saw a recipe for “Spinach Frozen Yogurt.”
Hang with me a sec… it may sound a bit strange, but the ingredients contained in this healthy and frosty treat work well together and produce a yummy and sweet flavor (not to mention it is PACKED with health benefits).
Check out WHY and HOW to make Spinach Frozen Yogurt Below!
Benefits Of Spinach Frozen Yogurt
- Packed with probiotics.
- Great for your digestive system.
- Loaded with B12, which is necessary for energy and health brain function.
- Contains protein.
- Full on iodine.
- Important for proper thyroid function (which is essential for a healthy metabolism).
- High in calcium.
- Helps regulate your body’s output of cortisol.
- Too much cortisol can lead to weight gain.
- High in potassium, which is necessary for nerve and muscle function.
- Good amount of vitamin C that helps boost your immune system and cell health. It also improves the absorption of other nutrients.
- Excellent source of vitamin B-6, which your body uses to grow new cells.
- Great source of manganese – necessary for bone health and metabolism.
- Contains fiber: helps you feel fuller for longer and aids digestive processes.
- Low in fat and cholesterol.
- High in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese.
- Helps lower your risk of numerous health problems related to oxidative stress.
- Contain a wide variety of phytonutrients with anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Proteins are the main building blocks of your body.
- Used to make tendons, skin, organs, hormones and more.
- Without adequate protein, your body can’t put together these structures.
- Protein create substances needed for:
- Cardiovascular function
- Muscle contraction
- Helps you gain muscle and increase strength.
- Improves satiety.
- Is the most fulfilling macronutrient.
- Encourages the loss of body fat and weight by boosting your metabolism.
- Contains an incredible range of amino acids.
Curious as to what it will taste like? Don’t worry – the spinach flavor is undetectable. What you are left with is a vanilla and chocolate flavor with a hint of banana.
Spinach Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- Optional: chopped nuts or cacao nibs for added flavor and health benefits
- In a blender, blend together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the ingredients in the following order for best results:
- Protein powder
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Once the cubes are completely frozen, put them in a blender and blend until the texture is ice cream-like.
- Alternative: if you have an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture as directed. If you desire a more firm consistency, freeze for another hour.
Veggies in a frozen treat? I’ll take it.
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS