Spicy Avocado Habanero Sauce Recipe: Ultimate Body-Friendly Condiment Alternative
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Condiments make the world MORE delicious.
YET- store-bought bottled versions are often loaded with salt, preservatives, cheap oils and unhealthy fats.
You can still amp up the flavor of your favorite dishes and add some spice to your life by making your own natural and body-friendly sauces.
STEP, aside sriracha! This Spicy Avocado Habanero Sauce is the ultimate healthy alternative.
WHY Make This SAUCE?
I used to put sriracha on evvvvvvvverything – I like it spicy! However, I had a feeling that this sauce, like most other condiments, contains some questionable and dangerous ingredients.
This Spicy Avocado Habanero Sauce is your healthier and natural alternative to sriracha, tabasco and other bottled chili sauces. The ingredients even have health benefits, check ‘em out:
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Excellent source of vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K
- Good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus
- Contain an incredible amount of antioxidants
- Contains a compound called capsaicin
- Helps boost metabolism
- Increases the burning of fat
- Reduces appetite and calorie intake
- Helps with the digestion of food
- Protects your eyes from aging and infection
- Rejuvenates skin
- Prevents heart disease
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Contains oleocanthal, which helps reduce inflammation and prevents cancer
- Great source of polyphenols, powerful antioxidants
- Helps calcium absorption and with keeping your bones strong
How To Make Spicy Avocado Habanero Sauce
- 3 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small pot with 3-4 cups of water, boil the jalapenos, habanero and tomato for 10 minutes.
- Remove the stems from the peppers BEFORE boiling.
- Drain the peppers and tomato.
- Save this water for later use.
2. In a blender, place the boiled peppers and tomato, 3 avocados (peeled and pitted), lime juice, garlic, olive oil and ¼ cup of water (that you boiled the peppers in).
3. Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
To store: Pour the sauce into a container or squeeze bottle with a lid.
- Place in refrigerator and use within 3 days.
Now your sauce is ready to USE… and the options are endless in regards to what to add it to. Get started using this delicious Spicy Avocado Habanero Sauce by:
- Using it on tacos
- Tossing it into your favorite salad
- As a dip for sweet potato fries or on top of a sweet potato burger
- Spreading it on your favorite sandwich
- Dipping homemade chips into it
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS