Soothing Bath Salts For Cold & Flu Season
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Cold, cold, go away
And never come back another day.
From congestion and coughing, to aches, pains and chills… being sick sucks (I tried to think of a more polite term to use, but “sucks” really sums up the sickly feeling, doesn’t it?).
When you are sick the last thing you need is to have to put time and attention into making complicated cold and flu remedies.
That is the precise reason why these DIY Soothing & Healing Bath Salts are the PERFECT natural solution to when you are feeling less than stellar.
Benefits Of Soothing & Healing Bath Salts
- Epsom is different from traditional salts in that it is a naturally-occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate
- Magnesium and sulfate are readily absorbed through the skin and into the body’s blood stream
- Magnesium plays a critical role in over 325 enzymes, reduces inflammation, improves blood flow and improves muscle and nerve function
- Sulfates are necessary building blocks for healthy joints, skin and nervous tissue
- Using Epsom salts in bathwater create a process called reverse osmosis
- This process pulls salt and harmful toxins out of your body and allows the magnesium and sulfates to enter in
- Epsom salts replenish your body’s magnesium and sulfate levels
- Works to neutralize acid and alkalizes, thus regulating pH levels
- Promotes the elimination of toxins
- Will exfoliate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth
- Helps cleanse your body of toxins and harmful microorganisms that make you feel sick
- Soothes sinuses
- Calms respiratory problems by opening up your blood vessels and allowing more oxygen to circulate in your system
- Excellent for aching muscles, relaxation and stress relief
- Has antidepressant qualities
- Can help eliminate nervous tension
- Helps induce sleep
- Has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can help boost your immune system
- Has a calming effect on your central nervous system
- Helps with stress reduction and management
How To Make Soothing & Healing Bath Salts
What You Need:
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- ½ cup baking soda
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops vanilla extract
Directions: In a lidded glass jar, mix together all ingredients.
To use: Scoop out ¼ to ½ cup of the salts and add it to a warm bath.
You can also heal your dry and itchy winter skin and enhance your tubby time even more by adding 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to your bath water.
Use these Soothing & Healing Bath Salts tonight for a relaxing, cleansing and rejuvenating soak.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS