Soothe Sore Muscles With THIS Homemade Muscle Rub
By Lindsay Sibson
I THOUGHT I knew what sore muscles were.
As a person who has enjoyed lifting weights, I am well aware of how painful it can be to try and sit down after a tough leg workout. However, the side effects from a hard workout are expected.
It wasn’t until I started backpacking and traveling in Europe that I developed an ongoing battle with strange aches, pains and sore muscles. Muscles I never knew I even had started demanding my attention, begging to be soothed and massaged.
Rather than slathering on a store bought, chemically-laden muscle rub… I took to the internet to find a natural homemade remedy – and ALAS, the world wide web delivered.
In under 30 minutes, you can whip up this homemade muscle rub and start relaxing your aches and pains today!
Here Is WHY This Homemade Muscle Rub Works:
- An anti-inflammatory
- Increases blood supply to the area where it is applied
- Promotes circulation
- Effective for relieving arthritis pain
- A very potent stimulant
- Increases blood flow
- A natural pain reliever
- Helps block the neurotransmitter that signals pain, thus reducing pain
- Improves circulation and blood flow
- A strong anti-inflammatory
- Relieves pain and swelling
|Lavender Essential Oil
- Anti-inflammatory and cell regenerating properties
- A sedative to the central nervous system
- Relieves nervous tension
|Peppermint Essential Oil
- An invigorating stimulant
- Has a cooling, soothing and refreshing effect
- Anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic
- Can relieve pain and inflammation
Homemade Muscle Rub
Enjoy the relaxing and soothing effects of this homemade muscle rub… and you can be rest assured knowing that you are using a product free of harmful toxins and chemicals.
Homemade Muscle Rub
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup grated beeswax
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ginger (or turmeric powder - but be careful, turmeric can stain)
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Glass jar
- Get a saucepan and pour in 2 inches of water, place over medium low heat.
- In a glass jar, put in the coconut oil and beeswax.
- Place the jar in the saucepan with water and allow the oil and beeswax to melt.
- Stir as needed to combine.
- Add cayenne and ginger/turmeric.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, allow to slightly cool.
- Add essential oil and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into tins or small containers and allow it to set (become solid).
To get the full amount of benefits from this rub:
Scoop out a small amount using a clean finger or a small spoon.
Thoroughly rub the mixture into your skin, allowing it to absorb.
Apply more rub if needed, massaging it into your skin.
Source: Dr. Axe
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS