Soothe Digestive Issues – Carrot Juice Rescue Recipe
By Penny Rosina
Digestive disorders are on the rise as our modern diet continues to move farther away from fresh fruits and vegetables. If you struggle with serious digestive issues or simply an occasional GI upset, Mother Nature provides many luscious fruits and healthy vegetables to improve your digestive health.
People often fail to include enough of these in their diet, which is why juicing them is so fantastic. By juicing your fruits and vegetables, you can easily double or triple your daily serving amount.
Every single cell of your body is affected by your gut. Things like lack of energy, weight gain, allergies and mood swings are actually likely due to issues in your gut.
Here are 7 key ingredients to include in your juices to help restore your gut health:
- Carrots – Carrot juice is an excellent tonic for almost every ailment imaginable and it can be consumed in large quantities as well. Carrots give you natural bursts of energy and are a powerful internal cleanser and detoxifier. Carrot juice induces the liver to release more bile, which will help relieve constipation and improve digestion.
- Apples – Apples are natural laxatives. Apples contain pectin, which improves your intestinal wall strength. By strengthening your intestinal muscles, your body can better push waste through your gastrointestinal tract.
- Fennel – Fennel is a natural diuretic that aids in digestion and also helps with kidney or bladder troubles and fluid retention. It is also a great energy booster. Fennel is also good for cramps, heartburn, detoxification and bloating.
- Celery – Celery aids in bowel movements, promotes healthy kidney function and detoxifies the body. It’s beneficial to your digestive tract and your cardiovascular system. Celery is also a very rich source of antioxidants.
- Ginger – Ginger is ideal in assisting digestion, thereby improving food absorption and avoiding possible stomach ache. It also appears to reduce inflammation in a way similar to aspirin and ibuprofen. Ginger is fantastic when it comes to relieving nausea, a common problem in those with poor digestive health.
- Limes – Limes stimulate digestion, eliminate toxins and purify the liver and other organs. Limes have an irresistible scent, which causes your mouth to water and actually aid in primary digestion (the digestive saliva floods your mouth even before you taste it).
- Mint – Mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food. Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used for thousands of years to aid with upset stomach or indigestion. Mint is thought to improve the flow of bile through the stomach, which helps to speed and ease digestion.
Nothing in your body can function correctly if your digestive system and gut are not functioning properly. Try this Carrot Juice Rescue Recipe next time you are experiencing digestive upset.
When juicing, you always want to use organic produce whenever possible and, regardless if produce is organic or not, be sure to thoroughly wash it.
Carrot Juice Rescue Recipe
- 4 to 6 carrots
- 1 apple
- ½ to 1 medium fennel bulb
- 2 to 4 stalks of celery
- 1 lime
- ¼ to ½ inch fresh ginger root (or to taste)
- Optional: handful of mint leaves
- Juice all ingredients together and pour into a tall glass and enjoy (you can also pair your healthy gut promoting probiotic with this delicious juice)!
Penny Rosina is a Certified Fitlife.tv Transformation Coach, as well as a published author, photographer, Reiki Master and former healthcare systems consultant.Compassionate to the core, she has been exactly where you are and now dedicates her time and energy to finding the right plan to help you on your journey to a healthy and fit life.
Penny prides herself on being attentive to her clients' needs, while helping them to develop the necessary nutrition and mindset changes required to take them to a healthier lifestyle.
Latest posts by Penny Rosina (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS