Snack Smarter With This Chocolate Chia Nut Butter Bar Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Sometimes you cook yourself a delicious homemade meal…
And other times you can barely be bothered to chop even one vegetable.
You are human, after all – we get it.
However, to keep your health goals on track you need to continually nourish your body with energy rich superfoods.
There is no need to overcomplicate matters (or even cook everyday) – especially with these simple-to-make and incredibly nourishing Chocolate Chia Nut Butter Bars.
Benefits Of Chocolate Chia Nut Butter Bars
- Rich in potassium, a mineral essential to a range of basic physiological processes
- Great source of dietary fiber
- Contains copper, an essential trace mineral that helps your body absorb and use iron to form red blood cells
- Also a good source of: niacin, folate, zinc, thiamine, riboflavin, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin K
- High in antioxidant phenols
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, protects your cells from damage
- Reduces hunger, the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Made from the cacao tree and is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- Loaded with minerals
- Improves blood flow and can lower blood pressure
- Raises HDL and protects LDL against oxidation
- Rich in fiber
- Great source of omega-3 fats and protein
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Contains essential fatty acids:
- Alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid
- Excellent source of antioxidants
These bars can easily be tweaked so you can savor your favorite flavors! Easily add ingredients to the food processor before mixing, such as:
How To Make Chocolate Chia Nut Butter Bars
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut)
- Plus 1 tbsp nut butter
- ¼ cup nuts
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ tbsp chia seeds
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and process until all of the ingredients become well combined and mixed.
- The mixture should hold together when formed.
- In a dish lined with parchment paper, press the bar mixture to your desired thickness.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before slicing.
Storage: Keep in the refrigerator and eat within a week.
Don’t forget to grab one of these tasty and energy-promoting bars when you are on-the-go for a quick and healthy snack!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS