Simple & Natural Fresh Fruit Freezer Pops: PERFECT Summer Treat!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
If I had a dollar for every time I’ve used the words “hot,” “sweaty” and “humid” to describe how I felt this past week, I would feel a whole lot richer!
Ya see, I’ve finished up a week of volunteering at a children’s summer camp program in the countryside of Hungary… and the weather was a mix of crazy summer thunderstorms and blazing sunshine.
What this led to was the feeling that you were swimming through the moist air and could barely keep up with drinking enough water to quench your thirst!
At times like these, what you REALLY need is a refreshingly fresh fruit freezer pop!
These easy-to-make popsicles will surely become your summertime go-to treat to help you cool down during the hot hot weather:
Benefits Of Fresh Fruit Freezer POPS
- High levels of phytochemicals – naturally occurring nutrients that help protect cells from damage
- Excellent antioxidant power, which protects your body from inflammation and free radicals
- Loaded with fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Low in calories, but high in nutrients
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C
- Excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese
- Good source of dietary fiber, iodine and folate
- Rich in copper, potassium, biotin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B6 and omega-3 fatty acids
- Contain strong antioxidants: vitamin C, gallic acid, quercetin
- Fights against heart disease, cancer and age-related decline
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Excellent source of minerals: magnesium, potassium and iron
- Contains flavonoids and antioxidants
- High amounts of vitamins E, A, K
- Extraordinarily high in vitamin C
- Contains even MORE vitamin C than an orange!
- Rich in nutrients
- Contains 5 essential electrolytes
- Calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium
- Boosts hydration
- Aids in weight loss efforts
- Suppresses appetite
- Helps your feel full because of its rich nature
You can give these pops a health BOOST by adding your favorite flavors and textures, such as:
Fresh Fruit Freezer POPS
- 1 package fresh organic blueberries
- 1 package fresh organic strawberries, sliced
- 1 package fresh organic raspberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Coconut water
- Popsicle molds
- Loosely fill each popsicle mold with fresh fruit.
- Leave some space to pour in coconut water.
- Fill each mold with coconut water.
- Place in the freezer until solid (about 5 hours).
- Remove from freezer and carefully remove from popsicle mold. If needed, run warm water over the bottom of the mold to loosen the popsicle.
- Fresh herbs (mint, basil)
- Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut flakes
I could sure use one of these refreshing pops right NOW! Who wants to make some?
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS