Simple Homemade Pumpkin Soup: Creamy, Vegan & Gluten FREE!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
It did a strange “thing” here in Sicily yesterday… it RAINED.
And even though it is the middle of August, which usually brings a lot of HEAT, all I could think about was cooking up a nice pot of homemade SOUP!
Now, summer is definitely NOT the season for soup… but let’s not forget that FALL is right around the corner (AKA the beginning of soup season).
When the temperatures start to drop this Autumn, look no further than warming yourself up with the flavors of fall in this Pumpkin Soup.
Not only is this soup vegan and gluten free, but it is also creamy, decadent, delicious and HEALTHY!
Benefits Of Pumpkin Soup
- Excellent source of fiber: helps your stay fuller longer
- Packed with vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system
- Full of the antioxidant beta-carotene
- Helps neutralize free radicals
- When your body has too many free radicals, it causes cell damage, which can accelerate the progression of cancer and other diseases
- Helps protect your skin from the sun’s wrinkle-causing UV rays (thanks to the beta-carotene!)
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Help prevent and reduce common illnesses
- A great alternative for people who have dairy sensitivities or allergies
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties
- Full of antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Stimulates your metabolism
- ½ pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 4-5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, diced
- ½ – 1 cup coconut milk
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a pot.
- Add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add pumpkin and garlic. Continue to cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Add rosemary and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. Add salt to taste.
- Cook pumpkin until it is soft and cooked through.
- Puree soup in a blender (in small quantities to ensure smoothness).
- Return to pot and add coconut milk.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes.
Voila! Your pumpkin soup is ready for you to savor.
Do you have a favorite healthy pumpkin recipe? Please SHARE with us in the comments below or try out one of these recipes from our archives:
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS