Secret Cucumber Detox Soup Recipe
By Lindsay Sibson
Secret Cucumber Detox Soup
Cucumbers are simple, nutritious and delicious… which is exactly why I love ‘em!
While each crisp bite may be delightful and refreshing for your tastebuds, what cucumbers don’t have is a reputation for being versatile. Chop them and toss them in a salad OR chop them and eat them crudite style. That was about the extent of my kitchen cucumber adventures.
Let me introduce you to Secret Cucumber Detox Soup!
I love cucumbers and I love soup. Time to “cook!”
It’s chock full of powerful ingredients that can cleanse you from the inside out.
Benefits Of Cucumber Detox Soup
- Fight inflammation by “cooling” the inflammatory response in your body
- Contain numerous antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene
- Very low in calories, yet make a filling snack due to their fiber content
- Support your digestive health, because of their water and fiber content
- Packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- Is a diuretic and removes excess liquid from your body and reduces bloatedness
- Abundant nutritional value: vitamins A and B, enzymes, calcium, potassium and iron
- Helps in the cleaning of your intestines
- Kills harmful bacteria that make you feel weak and tired
HOW To Make Secret Cucumber Detox Soup
Author: Dr. Josh Axe
1 cucumber (de-seeded and peeled)
1 tbsp minced onion
1 avocado, peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp chili powder
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 cup filtered water
Sprinkle of paprika for garnish
Place cucumber, avocado, onion, oil, lemon juice, vinegar and water in a blender.
Puree on high speed until smooth.
Blend in salt, chili powder and other remaining ingredients.
Serve cold, garnish with paprika and cucumber slices if desired.
Did you try this recipe? Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS