Scrumptious Morning Waffles – Gluten-Free!
By Sara Wylie
Are you one of those people who loves eating breakfast food for dinner? I know I am!
But whether you are or not, breakfast food in general can just be flat out delicious and sometimes, you need something a bit more hearty than say a smoothie or yogurt.
Gluten-Free Waffles (almost if not) TOP the list of my favorite healthy breakfast dishes. My mother made them for dinner one day after finding some inspiration online and after trying them, I was hooked (I couldn’t even tell they were gluten-free)!
Here’s the recipe for you (it’s super simple and flexible):
What Makes These Waffles So Healthy?
Scrumptious Morning Waffles (Gluten-Free!)
Author: Chef Brad (https://www.chefbrad.com/)
- 3 cups mixed grains (we used oat groats, brown rice and buckwheat)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups milk (almond or rice milk, whatever you prefer)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or any other kind)
- Splash of vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Put mixed grains, chia seeds and milk in a blender and blend on high for about 3 minutes.
- Add oil, vanilla, honey, salt and eggs then blend again, pulsing about 3 times.
- Throw in the baking powder then pulse once more (or until mixed in).
- Let sit for a few minutes then cook in waffle iron.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite syrup and/or other toppings!
As you probably noticed, there are a number of great healthy ingredients in these waffles that give them their nutritious edge while also keeping them scrumptious.
Here are the awesome benefits of these mouth-watering waffles:
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are amazing and can be added to so many different dishes. They are low in calories while also bearing a whole punch of nutrients; they’re a great source for omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, etc. They are loaded with antioxidants, help prevent a number of diseases and are considered one of the top superfoods.
- Dairy-Free: Since this recipe uses alternative forms of milk, it’s free of dairy. If you’ve been following the consistent health trends as of late, then you’ve hopefully come to realize just how much your body truly doesn’t need or benefit from anything dairy. In fact, there are many countries that have actually banned dairy milk entirely
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is one of the most versatile natural foods I think I’ve ever heard of! As far as ingesting it goes, coconut oil is known for aiding in digestion, boosting the immune system, regulating metabolism, strengthening bones, preventing various diseases, etc. It also has antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Naturally Sweetened: The honey in the recipe is what gives the waffles their sweet edge, saving it from being contaminated by any processed sugars or artificial sweeteners. Using raw honey also provides you a plethora of benefits. It can help with digestive issues, is a natural source of phytonutrients, can aid with a sore throat, has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is a great source of antioxidants and medicinal enzymes.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: This isn’t the required salt in the recipe, but it is certainly a recommended one. Pink Himalayan sea salt is one of the highest quality salts you can get that does a myriad of great things for your health. It aids in balancing electrolytes, prevents muscle cramping, improves circulation, balances pH, helps with the absorption of nutrients and much more.
Is your mouth watering yet? With these amazing benefits plus more, the soft and fluffy texture, the delicious taste and the satiating quality, these waffles make a delightsome hearty breakfast to kick-off your day (or enjoy your evening!). Give this recipe a try the next time you are craving some waffles and share them with your friends and/or family then let us know how it goes!
Sara Wylie resides in Utah where she is currently working as an Editorial Intern for Fitlife.tv while also pursuing a career in writing. She hopes that through her words and fiery passion, she will be able to not only inspire others to seek out and nourish their own passions, but to also help others feel what it’s like to truly be alive.
Latest posts by Sara Wylie (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS