Science Explains What Happens To Your Body When You Eat Oatmeal Every Day
Why Oatmeal For Breakfast Is A Great Idea
Who doesn’t like oatmeal? If you don’t, perhaps you haven’t tried the right flavors. There are so many creative oatmeal recipes out there, there is no way you won’t find one that you love!
Oatmeal is not only yummy and loved by many, but is healthy as well.
The Benefits Of Oatmeal
- Digestion: Research shows that oatmeal is fantastic for gastrointestinal problems and a healthy digestion. Filled with fiber, oatmeal promotes satiety.
- Energy: Oatmeal is a good source of energy as it is a protein-rich carbohydrate with a low-glycemic index. It doesn’t mess with your blood sugar, but helps with fat burning.
- Weight loss: Besides being high in fiber, promoting fullness and lowering the risk of overeating, oatmeal has a compound called beta-glucan that also reduces appetite.
- Blood sugar and diabetes: Oatmeal is high in fiber, which slows the release of sugar in your bloodstream. It also has a low GI, which is perfect for those with diabetes and blood sugar issues.
- Blood pressure: Oatmeal is high in fiber, potassium and calcium. They are all linked to a reduction in blood pressure and decreased risk of coronary heart disease.
- Cancer: Research has shown that eating oatmeal can decrease the risk of cancer by 20 percent.
Eating oatmeal is clearly healthy. Make sure to choose an organic variety. Steel-cut oats, rolled oats, whole oat groats and instant oats are all great depending on your needs. When flavoring your oatmeal, make sure to use healthy ingredients, such as cinnamon, honey, maple syrup, cacao nibs, raw cacao powder, dates, raisins, raw nuts and seeds and fresh fruits. Avoid refined sugar and processed or artificial ingredients. Get creative to enjoy a different flavored oatmeal each day.
How do you like your oatmeal? Share your favorite recipes and flavors below. We would love to try them.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS