Say Goodbye To Blackheads With This Natural Charcoal Mask
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
There is no doubt in my mind that we evolved from apes.
Hands down, I have ape-like tendencies… especially when it comes to picking and grooming my partner.
ZITS don’t stand a chance. I’m ON IT, stat! Stray hairs? Don’t worry, I’ll take care of those too.
And I know I’m not alone!
As women, we LOVE to pick pick pick pick pick at things. Riiiiiight?
But, you and I also know that messing with our precious skin can leave marks and scars.
Fear not, ladies (and gentlemen), this all natural DIY charcoal mask can beat those blemishes and leave your skin feeling fresh – without any squeezing, picking, or popping!
What Are Blackheads?
Blackheads are small bumps that appear on your skin due to the hair follicle(s) becoming clogged. They are referred to as “blackheads” because on the surface of your skin they appear “black” and dark.
As a mild type of acne, blackheads generally appear on the face, but can also form on your neck, shoulders, chest, arms and back.
How Can You Remove Blackheads? Make A Natural Charcoal Blackhead Mask
What You Need:
1. In a small glass jar, mix together the gelatin and water.
2. Add the activated charcoal and stir.
3. Place the glass jar in the middle of a pan with an inch of water (to create a double boiler).
- Turn the stove burner on to warm the water in the pan so that it heats the glass jar and melts the gelatin (about 5 minutes).
- Once the gelatin is dissolved into the charcoal and water, remove from the heat and allow to cool a few minutes.
4. Once cooled, the mask is ready to apply to your nose, chin and entire face (if desired).
How To Use The Mask:
1. Thoroughly wash your face with a natural cleanser.
2. Soak a clean washcloth in warm/hot water and press onto face for a few minutes to open up your pores (or apply the mask directly after a warm shower).
3. Use a facial brush to apply the mask to desired areas (nose, chin, etc.).
- If the mask is thin and runny, allow to cool and apply another layer.
4. Allow the mask to COMPLETELY dry (about 45 minutes).
- Gently peel off the mask and then wash face.
OH MY – the supreme satisfaction of being rid of all those lil’ suckers clogging up your beautiful face… SUCCESS!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS