Rich & Chocolaty VEGAN Brownies Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
This is when I usually do my best to come up with a witty introduction or personal story about WHY this article matters.
But we are talking brownies here… BROWNIES, PEOPLE! That means CHOCOLATE.
Do I need to say anymore?
No… no I don’t.
Just make this recipe – end of story.
Benefits Of Rich & Chocolatey VEGAN Brownies
- Less processed than cocoa
- Rich in antioxidants, magnesium, iron and chromium
- Helps improve your cardiovascular health
- Supports building strong bones
- Naturally derived sweetener
- Zero calories
- Aids in weight loss
- Protects oral health and helps avoid cavities
- Prevents certain forms of cancer
- Reduces blood sugar
- Helps increase your energy
- Coconut oil is made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- Quickly absorbed by your body
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Boosts your immune system
- Contains a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Ideal alternative for people who are lactose intolerant
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps in reducing and maintaining blood pressure
- Strengthens muscles, skin and organs
- Rich content of omega-3 fatty acids
- Excellent source of dietary minerals
- Great source of B vitamins
- Packed with fiber
- High in quality protein
- Can help reduce inflammation
How To Make Rich & Chocolatey VEGAN Brownies
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup stevia
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp instant coffee
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 chia “eggs” (2 tablespoons chia seeds mixed with 6 tablespoon water)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius).
2. Is a small bowl, make your chia egg by mixing the chia seeds with water (set aside to form a gel).
3. In a separate large bowl, place all the dry ingredients (aside from the chocolate chips) and MIX together.
4. In a third bowl, mix together the milk, coconut oil (melted), vanilla and the chia eggs (ONCE they are set and in a gel form).
5. Pour the mixture of wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
6. Mix everything well and fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool before slicing.
Now just add a generous scoop of Banana Coconut Vegan Ice Cream and you will be well on your way to dessert heaven! YUUUUUM!
Sharing these brownies is optional… but SHARING this article is a must! Send it off to your friends and family now.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS