Renew Your Energy With This Simple Detox Bath
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Have you ever woken up in the morning and started thinking and planning about when you will be able to take a nap that day?
PLEASE tell me I’m not alone on this one?
Napping is a glorious, soul-hugging activity. Ahhhh.
Between work, family, hobbies and “LIFE…” a girl can get a bit worn out!
For those times when you are in need of a natural jolt of energy (paired with a moment of relaxation), look no further than soaking that beautiful body in a simple detox bath.
Or better yet, take a cat nap IN the detox bath for the ultimate 1-2 energy boosting PUNCH!
Grab a handful of Epsom salts and head to the nearest bathtub to RENEW your mind, body and soulful energy.
What Are Epsom Salts?
- Salt? NOT so much! Epsom salt isn’t even a salt
- Named after a bitter saline spring at Epsom (Surrey, England)
- A naturally occurring mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate
- Readily absorbed through the skin, usually via bath
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps muscle and nerve functions
- Prevents artery hardening
- Improves the absorption of nutrients
- Flushes out toxins
Benefits Of Epsom Salts
- Epsom is different from traditional salts in that it is a naturally-occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate
- Magnesium and sulfate are readily absorbed through the skin and into the body’s blood stream
- Magnesium plays a critical role in over 325 enzymes, reduces inflammation, improves blood flow and improves muscle and nerve function
- Sulfates are necessary building blocks for healthy joints, skin and nervous tissue
- Using Epsom salts in bathwater creates a process called reverse osmosis
- This process pulls salt and harmful toxins out of your body and allows the magnesium and sulfates to enter in
- Epsom salts replenish your body’s magnesium and sulfate levels
How To Take A Simple Detox Bath
Renewing your energy is easy as 1… 2…
- Draw a bath with water as hot as you desire and pour ½ to 1 cup of Epsom salts in your bath water and mix.
- Soak in this tub for 40 minutes to allow time for your body to detox and absorb the benefits of the salts.
And while you are in there… upgrade the benefits of your simple detox bath by sprinkling and pouring in a bit of:
- Moisturizes your skin
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Helps repair your skin
- Works to neutralize acid and alkalizes, thus regulating pH levels
- Promotes the elimination of toxins
- Can exfoliate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth
- Antibacterial and antiviral
- Can help soothe aches and pains
- Improves your skin
- Reduces anxiety (lavender, peppermint)
- Cleanses, purifies, detoxes and sanitizes (lemon)
- Powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- Can ease nausea
- Reduces muscle pain
|Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Balances pH level of your body
- Improves circulation
- Removes toxins
- Increases hydration
- Creates an electrolyte balance
There ya have it! A simple detox bath that you can use ANYTIME you are feeling in need of a natural “pick me up!”
For the ultimate relaxing experience, don’t forget to grab a fresh brewed cup of herbal tea before you step into the tub. NOW your at-home energy renewing spa session is complete.
Are you looking for a solution to achy joints and inflammation? Turmeric Boost is certified organic and 10x stronger than other turmeric brands! This ancient detoxifying spice has soaring levels of antioxidants and is a potent anti-inflammatory. Try it today risk free!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS