White Bean and Spinach Soup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large celery stalk (diced)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 15 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of spinach, trimmed and washed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and rosemary and cook (stirring frequently) until onions and garlic are softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add broth and beans.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue cooking until completely wilted (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice and add sea salt & pepper to taste
Serve with a fresh drizzle of olive oil.
- Recipe and photo adapted from seriouseats.com