Tomato Avocado Salad with Pan Fried Fish
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ red onion
- ½ bunch parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Protein Option:
- Meat Eaters: add grilled fish
- Vegetarians: add hard boiled egg
- Vegans: 1 tbsp hemp seeds or pine nuts
- Grilled Fish:
- 1-2 fillets of white fish (cod, seabass, halibut, mahi mahi)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Add all salad ingredients into a mixing bowl. Top with hard-boiled egg and/or hemp seeds. Add dressing and toss together.
- For Grilled Fish:
a. Melt butter or coconut oil in frying pan.
b. Salt and pepper each side of the fish.
c. Sauté fillet on medium heat with a lid for about 2-3 minutes each side.
d. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon.