Tarragon Mustard Chicken
Image credit: Shutterstock
- For the chicken:
- ¾ cup shredded coconut flakes
- 2/4 cup crushed plantain chips
- 2 ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp paleo mayonnaise
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 pieces of chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or wild rice
- For the tomatoes:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the extra sauce:
- ¼ cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 2 roasted tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a skillet on medium-high head, add the coconut flakes and stir until flakes turn golden brown.
- Move coconut flakes into a bowl and combine with plantain chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine mustard, shallot, mayonnaise, salt and 1 tbsp torn tarragon leaves.
- Dip chicken breasts in mixture until fully covered, then dip in coconut flake mixture until fully covered.
- Place chicken breasts in a roasting pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, combine ingredients for tomatoes together. Place tomatoes in another roasted pan and add to oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for the extra sauce. Use to drizzle over baked chicken breasts.
- Serve over quinoa or wild rice, eating the roasted tomatoes as a side.