Sweet and Salty Primal Trail Mix
Recipe and Image Source: Mark’s Daily Apple
- ½ cup each raw walnuts, almonds, and pecans
- ½ cup each raw pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup or less raw honey
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roughly chop nuts and mix with seeds, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread on a cookie sheet or rimmed baking pan lined with parchment paper, and sprinkle with half of the salt.
- Toast in the oven for 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to be sure the nuts and seeds are merely toasted, not burned (keep a watchful eye).
- Take pan out of the oven and let cool, then add the remaining salt and drizzle the honey over the top. Toast in oven for another 5 minutes, stirring often (I keep my oven cracked for this). Remove from oven, mix thoroughly with apricots and cranberries and let cool. It will be clumpy and sticky like granola when done. You should end up with 12- 14 quarter-cup servings (approximately).