Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Kale Chips (A.K.A. Dracula’s Brain)
Nutty and sweet with a garlic-packed punch, these chips are sure to satisfy even the most sophisticated palate. Just make sure you have some mints on hand for afterwards!
Recipe Author: Angela Billups Livity
See more at Fitlife.tv Saturday Strategy
Image Credit: Get Cooking Simply
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 oz raw, soaked sunflower seeds
- 1 oz raw, soaked pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Enough olive oil to coat kale leaves
- Enough Tamari to spray on all leave
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil and kale) in a food processor and run until the seasoning is as fine as you want it.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over prepared kale leaves and make sure to coat all surfaces of the leaves.
- Spray leaves evenly with Tamari (it is better to coat leaves with olive oil before applying Tamari to prevent steaming).
- Sprinkle seasoning over kale leaves, making sure to coat well.
- Place leaves on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, leaving enough space between the leaves so they don’t overlap. Sprinkle with more seasoning if necessary.
- Place tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 10-12 min. or until desired crispness (check the kale chips after 7-8 min to make sure they don’t burn).
- Remove from oven. Let cool and enjoy!