Spring Cleaning Detox
Recipe Source: Peace Love Guacamole
- 1 teaspoon of whole flax seeds
- 1 red apple, peeled and sliced
- 8 snack-sized peeled carrots (or 2 normal carrots, peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 inch nub of fresh ginger root, skin removed. (should be moist)
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- Just one teaspoon of flaxseed added to one cup of lukewarm water will release the slippery mucilage necessary to gently shed toxins through a natural laxative process. The seeds need to soak for a half hour to begin this process and once in the system, you will experience their glorious efforts 20-40 minutes later. You will know that you have successfully created flaxseed water when the water above the seeds appears to have a film and the seeds have become gooey.
- Throw your peeled & chopped carrots into your blender or magic bullet followed by your peeled and sliced red apple, and your quarter-inch long nub of your freshly peeled ginger root. Pour the water and seeds into the blender (you might need to use a spoon to transfer the gooey seeds!) and start blending!